Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Happy Birthday To Me AGAIN!

It was my birthday yesterday and I must say I had a rather memorable birthday despite not doing much.

My celebrations started on Saturday when hubby ordered and bought me this yummylicious durian cake. We finished a quarter of it and put it in the fridge (up till today, my fridge still got durian smell…)

Then, on Sunday afternoon, my sis, Clari, made this soggy cheesecake (they couldn’t find vegeterian gelatine and used jelly powder instead) for me and me and my family had a great time eating the crust. Hahaha… I give her and Thomas full marks for trying though.

At night, I went out for dinner with Ace, hubby, Richie Papa, Jez Mama, Tashi and Oracle. Haha.. felt like a family gathering celebrating my birthday.

We went to a Nepalese restaurant in Serangoon and gosh! There were so many Indians there!

After that, we went to Paramount Hotel with the intention to meet up with our friends who were attending a seminar there. However, when we reached there at 11pm, the seminar had not yet finished.

We stood around and then finally at 11.53pm, Ace decided he got hungry waiting and he started to make a lot of noise. The worst thing is that there were no available chairs at the lobby for me to sit down and feed. So I had to make a very important decision:

1) Go home and then at 12 midnight, get birthday wishes via handphone

2) Stay on for a few more minutes and then have like 20 people sing the birthday song to me in public.

I chose to go home. I think my son’s hunger pangs were more important and I guess I preferred to be sharing the joy in private with my family. After all, it is the first time that Ace will celebrate my birthday with me.

Then when we were on our way home, Max stopped at a junction (traffic lights turned red)and broke out into a birthday song! Hahaha.. wow.. the red lights really came at the right time man!

In a way, I felt that this was special and memorable. This is the first time people sing birthday song to me while driving. Hahahha…

Then we went home and slept.

When we woke up in the morning, Daddy volunteered to bath Ace but alas, the happiness of celebrating my birthday was too much for Ace and he actually ‘performed’ a special stunt!

He SHIT into the water while Daddy was bathing him!

The rest of the day was spent having lunch at Lingzhi, going shopping in Takashimaya, yet another round of birthday song singing in coffee club, watching DVD at home..

It was nothing special but it felt good that me and Max could spend time together with Ace.

Anyway, the real celebrations will take place when me and Max go to Hong Kong for a tour next month. Yipee!

Now I have to start planning for and thinking about how to celebrate Max’s birthday (on 6 Sept) next week!

3 comments:

Clatzz said...

wah got durian cake never bring some home to share :p

<*ANGEL*> said...

i tot you were making cheesecake.. so too many cakes liao.. how i know someone will make cheese goo leh??:P hahahhaa

Anonymous said...

Great Blog, check out this business. This is the Goose that lays you Golden Eggs! base business home list mailing

Enjoy!