Saturday, August 13, 2005

Grand Day Out 2

Well, I was suppose to meet my ex-Mediacorp colleague, Yvonne cos she was getting married and migrating to Netherlands and then I had to change the timing to later cos my son wasn’t in a good mood and since Yvonne said she had a bad migraine, we decided to postpone the meeting.

Nevertheless, I HAD TO GO OUT!

You see, it is my “Papa”’s birthday today. Papa’s name is Richie. He and his wife Jez are like my other pair of parents. They are my mentors in many aspects of life… be it my biz.. my family.. everything from my career, to BGR, to when I got married and had children, they were the pillars of support and encouragement.

We became a family when we worked closely within one department. So they were my bosses before we became business partners. I must say that they are great bosses. Never throwing you to do work alone, always caring and going all out to help you. Where to find such bosses!? :)

So it is Papa’s birthday today. (It is also Wilson [hubby’s brother], 1st two presidents of Singapore and XIAO S’s husband’s birthday) And I haven’t bought his present yet!!

Argh! Just what do you buy someone who has everything he needs?

I dam leh cheh lor.. I must buy something he like and I must like it too.. if not I wun buy one…

Anywayz, in the end, after I completed my housework, I chio a fren I made from the Most Beautiful Mum-to-be competition to go suntec to jalan jalan.

What a sight we made. Two mummies, two babies. Two prams. ;) Hahaha.. and not to mention when feeding time was near… Waden, Christine’s son started his ‘police siren’ to attract attention.

Strangely though, MR ‘got-food-no-love’ Ace Chua was silent and happy to just look around quietly and stick out his tongue at anything that seemed edible. He usually would cry for food too. (Haha.. feeding him full full before going out and that extra feeding in the taxi works! ;) )

But doing too much housework made my brain fried. You see, I was suppose to buy richie’s present, buy sparkling grape juice for celebration, buy my hubby a surprise gift and get candles but all the time, I was walking around with Chris, I felt like I didn’t really know what to do or what to buy like that. I was also annoyed that I did not feel confident to go up and down escalators, which would have made the journey shorter.

Only when we settled down some place to feed that I kind of knew then what I had to do after. Of course, it helped to have extra hands, CLARI (in case you dunno, it is Ace’s psychotic Ah Yee) and THOMAS (her boyfren) ;)

After feeding, me and Chris chatted while waiting for Clari and Thomas to reach Suntec. We talked about parenting and baby stuff and then the subject of my occupation came up. I think Chris was taken aback when I told her I was in the network marketing biz. She became very quiet when I told her that…

Sigh.. I hope I read her wrong. She looked kind of shocked and kind of went quiet when I told her that. Maybe I am too sensitive.. but leh, usually people will behave strangely after I tell them that. Haha…

I really dun understand why people always treat me like a monster when I tell them that I am in MLM? It is juz a choice of career that puts food on my table and allows me to put my talents into good use.

It is the reason why I can be a full time housewife now and still get paid decently every week and the reason why I am about to own a international café franchise (and in future, a spa franchise). In fact, give me some 7 years and I will be on my way to retirement and financial and time freedom!

Bah, I am a professional! I don’t do hardsell and I choose the people I work with! (Sorry hor, not any Tom, Dick or Harry gets into my team) and I am in the business of changing lives and proud of it! ;) Yet, the people who give me the most strange looks are the people who are closest to me..sigh.. Thankfully, there is another group of them who are very supportive...

Anywayz, enough ranting and back to the ‘story’.

When they arrived, we went shopping again and went for dinner.

I must say a big thank you to THOMAS, NANNY AKA NAI BA OF THE YEAR (see picture for proof!) :)

He helped me:
- carry the heavy bottles of sparkling juice
- bring the stroller up and down escalators
- stroll baby around while I was in RAOUL picking out clothes and paying
- even BOTTLE FEEDING BABY so that I can have my dinner in peace

I think he must be a very family oriented man cos he seemed really happy playing with Ace.

After that, went with me back to WBG to await for Richie, his AH YE to arrive so that we can all sing birthday song for him.

Throughout his time there, he was quite happy to sleep and play on his own. But suddenly, he kept whining and then when Ah Ye Richie carried him, he realized that Ace POOPED! (Richie, buy 4D ah!!)

It is big time poop this time ok! He hasnt shitted since the last time I posted a picture of his shit. I think he choose to let it out all at one shot! This time even bigger pile than the last ok!

I dunno why. It seems like because WBG is such a happy and healthy place, he just naturally would poop whenever he is there. Hahaha.. he almost always poops when he is there.. ;)

Anywayz, we had a great night cos Ace slept through till 6 plus in the morning before he asked for milk.

More grand day outs?

Yeah, deifnitely!

3 comments:

Clatzz said...

on behalf ot thomas...

i thanks u for naming me the nai pah of the year... i wanna thanks my parents, my frens and of cos not forgetting my wonderful gf... and of cos baby ace cos he is so cute... i will do my best to further improve my pram pushing, my milk feeding and baby carrying skills...

thank you once again...


muahahahaha...

Clatzz said...

cause ah yee still eating dinner also..
ah yee is slow eater mah...

and I AM NOT PHYSCOTIC AH YEE!!!!!

<*ANGEL*> said...

Hahaha... Ah THOM no mouth meh? cannot speak on his own meh? HE NO hands to TYPE on his own meh?

Aiseh.. never THANK ME for giving him the chance to be NAI PAH OF THE YEAR???!