Saturday, February 03, 2007

byeeeeee


BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's Ace's favourite word at the moment.

And it is MINE too.

I think Ace sounds absolutely wonderful when he says "Byeeeeeeeeee" He's so cute.. and always says it at the top of his voice and always elongates the 'e' sound... and he sounds sooooooooooooooooooo cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Everytime I hear him say that, i want to melt.

And I think he knows I like it when he says BYE... so he keeps finding chances to say 'bye' to people..

Eg, when he sees Daddy in a room, he will go into the room, say "BYEEEE" and walk out of the room.. make one round around the living room and go in to say "BYEEEE!!" to Daddy again. He will repeat again and again until Daddy also tired of 'bye-ing' with him but he is just so thrilled.

Next, he will find all sorts of chances to say "BYEEEE!!"

When he goes to bed, he says "BYEEEE!!" before he goes into the room.

When he goes and drink milk, he says "BYEEEE!!" before running into the room to lie down and drink...

When he goes take a bath, he must say "BYEEEE!!" to EVERYONE in the house first before he is willing to go to the bathroom...

When he wanted to snatch Zek Zek's drink, he went up to him and held on tight to his packet of sugar cane drink. When Zek Zek passed him the whole packet, he turned his body away such tat his back was facing Zek Zek and told Zek Zek, "BYEEEEE!!!" as if to say, "Okay, now I have the drink, you can go now.."

When he want people to go away, he says, "BYEEEE" to them as well.

When he wants to go out, he brings his shoes to you, carries a bag (usually Ah Yee's) and says, "BYEEE as well"

Sometimes, he even just says BYE for the fun of it!

The other day, he was saying "BYEEEE!!" again and again and again and Ah yee complained, "Ace, why you keep saying bye and you never call Ah Yee?" And miracles or miracles! Ace called "Yeeeeee" Aiyoh, I tell you.. Ah Yee almost MELTED!!!!

Ah yee says that is the sweetest sound she has heard in a long while and she is even happier than she win TOTO! hahahaha...

A few days later, Ace was saying "BYEEE!!!" to waigong before going to bath and then suddenly, he said, "BYeee.... Byeee... go gooonnnnng.."

Wah... I think waigong also melted.

When is he going to call mummy leh???:)

Anyway, Ace, mummy love you unconditionally whether you call me or not! ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: I used to bother very much when Ace dun call me and would try to bribe him with food to call me. However, I have discovered that this kind of love is conditional love:" If you do xx, I will love you.." So what happens when we do not do it, does it mean your parents dun love you?

Think about the past.. when you were younger.. did your parents break their promise to you? Did they tell you that if you xxx, they would reward you in yy way? what happened if you do not achieve it? How did you feel? I know I felt unloved, unwanted and unworthy. Up till today, when I am asked what achievements have I achieved, it took me like one hour to remember that I am a champion in life and remember any of the achievements I have ever had in the past...

Parents, please... always be concious about this and assure your child that you will love them unconditionally. All needs that children aged 7 and below do not recieve, become a root problem in their later life such that they will not go all out to achieve in their life. Even if they do achieve, they will do something to destroy it. Think about it, aren't you the same?

What we do will not just affect our children.. but also our grandchildren as they are sure to treat their children the same way we treat them.. just as you have just treated them the only way you ever knew how to treat children.. according to your parent's way. No matter how much you dun like wat some of the things your parents did to you.. sooner or later, you find that you might still end up doing the same thing... make a concious effort and beware.. pls protect the inner child within you and within that of your children!

If you would like to find out more how to do that, please email me at verityy@yahoo.com

4 comments:

Perfectwound said...

Think it's quite common for people our era to have parents like that. When I was young I won't get any reward whether I'd achieve their goals or not. And another thing is that some parents would put you down, or making your morals low by denying your interests and hobbies.

I'm not bragging, but if I was just given chances to prove myself back then, I might have been a grahpic designer by now.

<*ANGEL*> said...

My dear, you still have a chance to become a graphic designer if you want you know.. artistic talent never goes away... mixed with hard work.. anyone can be anything they want to be! :)

My fren started learning dancing at 18 yrs old and is now a reowned chereographer ;)

Perfectwound said...

I understand what you are trying to say,and I know I can't blame my parents for the future I one. But it will definately help the children if parents help their them nuture their passion for something. Hope I don't sound like I'm nagging from the above comment... :)

<*ANGEL*> said...

Yes, you are absolutely right! Parents who are encouraging will help nurture their children's passion...
I didn't think you were complaining lah ;)

But I will say this. If your parents knew that by supporting you and nurturing your passion, it would have helped you greatly. I am sure they would do it. They din do it because they did not know better. Their parents also never supported their passions.

So leh, I guess the only thing we can do now is to accept that our parents din know better and forgive them and know that OUR FUTURE is in OUR HANDS! :) Jia you!