Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Guilt

Peter and Natalie, my TRUE LOVE mentors told me that "Money does not make the world go round, guilt does..."

Wow! What a revealation.

And when i thought about it.. how true it is...

So many a times, we do things, we fumble, we fall in love with nasty people, we fall into a 3 way relationship, we choose to degenerate instead of go forward, we throw our money a way by gambling or doing something, we purposely deny ourselves of love, wealth, prosperity and abundance.. JUST BECAUSE WE ARE GUILTY and we want to punish ourselves!

And the most scary thing is that this thing is not a theory... but a fact.. and it happens like clockwork BUT most people are not AWARE OF IT!

Scarier still, most people PUNISH THEMSELVES FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES WITHOUT KNOWING WHY.

Worst still, parents who are not awared of the ramifications if this continue to instill guilt into their children... and then blame their children for not being successful when they get older when it is all because of them that their children live a life with guilt and who gave them this guilt? Their parents.

Guilt is a heavy burden to bear you know. I now believe that EVERYONE knows whether EVERYTHING we are doing is RIGHT or WRONG.

Take Ace for example. Ace broke a cup today. "Oh dear, Ace, you broke the cup..." I told him... immediately his face broke out into a guilty look.

Ladies and gentlemen. I want you to note that:
1) I did not scold him
2) He already looked guilty the moment the cup smashed into pieces
3) He really looked upset after that and did not smile
4) Ace is 19 months old, most people wouldnt even think he is capable of feeling guilty or knowing right or wrong...

Now, if we did not know better, we would probably scold him and berate him for throwing the cup and causing it to break into pieces.

BUT, note that he was already upset and felt guilty. Do you really think there is a need to punish him? If I did not know better, I wouldnt think or read too much into it.. Now that I know better, I think this guilt might accumulate to something bigger in life... he might continue to punish himself in other ways... if we did not take action...

Someone I have met let the guilt of lying to her parents eat into her and end up giving herself unhappiness for the next 20 years of her life. She didn't kill anyone or hurt anyone... she merely lied to her parents and made them disappointed. And she was willing to PAY FOR IT by suffering in hell for 20 years! It probably would be even more than 20 years and she would continue to pay for it if she did not understand this.

Anyway, Daddy told Ace, "It's ok Ace. It is just a cup.."

I told Ace," Ace, you have to learn to take care of your things. Can you go think about this? When you are ready to take care of your things, we will buy you a new cup, ok?"

And then I told him that no matter what he does, no matter what happens, we will love him unconditionally.

He seemed much happier after that! ;)

I myself have lived in guilt all my life... because of this guilt, I was unable in incapable of giving my true love to the person I love most as I was mostly even incapable of loving all of myself.. it snowballed and I put myself in more and more situations where I felt even more guilty. The end result? Someone who smiled in the day and had a M - shaped mouth at night when i am sleeping. And I am so happy that I have finally decided to put down this guilt and let it go.

And when you let go of guilt, you fly....

每一次都在徘徊孤单中坚强,
每一次就算很受伤也不闪泪光,
我知道我一直有双隐型的翅膀,带我飞,飞过绝望,
不去想他们拥有美丽的太阳,
我看见每天的夕阳也会有变化
我知道我一直有双隐型的翅膀带我飞,给我希望.
我终于看到所有梦想都开花
追逐的年轻歌声多嘹亮.
我终于翱翔用心凝望不害怕.
那里会有风就飞多远吧
不去想他们拥有美丽的太阳,
我看见每天的夕阳也会有变化
我知道我一直有双隐型的翅膀带我飞,给我希望.
我终于看到所有梦想都开花
追逐的年轻歌声多嘹亮.
我终于翱翔用心凝望不害怕.
那里会有风就飞多远吧
隐型的翅膀让梦很久比天长
留一个愿望让自己想象




No comments: