Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Greatest Love of All

A Son asked his father, "Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?"

The father who, despite having a heart condition, says "Yes".

They went on to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on to join other marathons. The father always saying "Yes" to his son's request of going through the race together.

One day, the son asked his fater, "Dad, let's join the Ironman together."To which, his father said "Yes".

For those who don't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island.

Father and son went on to complete the race together!





This video of Team Hoyt (Dick and Ricky Hoyt) really brought tears to me and max's eyes... (I swear the two women sitting beside me when I was watching the video were tearing too)



I am so touched at the father's love for the son... and I am reminded of how great a parent's love can be... I am also very touched at the son's refusal to think within limits.. you would think a kid born with cerebal palsly would never think he would be every to complete a marathon, much less an IRONMAN race....



I am not sure how much of it Ace will understand but I showed it to him anyway. Then he asked me, "Why he not running?"



"Because he is sick... but he dreams big and wants to take part in a running contest and even though his Daddy is also sick, his daddy still runs together with him.... do you know why the daddy do that, because he loves his son very much.... and this is how much daddy and mummy love you... always remember that...."



"And also, remember to dream big... people who live beyond their limitations will always live extraordinary lives..."



He nodded and continued to watch the video...



Here is the portion where some sentimental music like HERO comes on and we both have tears in our eyes right? WRONG!



And then comes the anti climax where Ace asks me, "Why he is sick?" "Why he is sick and he running?" "Why his daddy running?" "Why his daddy love him?"



Hahahahahaha....



Previous Post: Orh Pi Sai

No comments: