Wednesday, January 21, 2009

World War III

Some years ago.. I had a penpal whom I got to know at the most beautiful mum to be contest... Her name is Carmen and somehow, we became really great email friends and as she has an older kid, she would describe her life and send me pictures of how her son made her house look like World War III just just 30 min after she packed the whole house.

Then, I did not use to understand why her kid was like that. and now, I still dun understand why kids are like that but I do accept that they are just like that now because my son has this streak in him too...

The other day while we were watching a TV show called Super Matron where they help messy households clean up their houses, we were rather amazed that there is this household with a maid whose house still looks somewhat likea warzone... Max says the maid must be super lazy.. I beg to differ though.. I can understand.. cos the maid has to take care of two 2-year-old twins and one 7 month old baby all at the same time. Who still has time to pack and clean the house...

Most importantly, with toddlers in the house, no matter how neat you pack, it will get messy soon anyway.

My mother's theory is that if there are young children in the house, it it virtually impossible for the house to be really neat. She says she has visited many houses and irregardless of whether they are HDB flats or private houses, big or small and whether the owners are rich or poor, with maids or maidless.. the verdict remains the same. I tend to agree because I think there is only one house I have seen that is super duper neat and has a todller living in it.. and tat is Tifanny's (Germaine) house...

My mum makes her case furthur by using Ace as an example. Everytime her house is packed neat and tidy, Ace would visit and mess up the whole place.. it is as if he cannnot stand a neat house and needs the place to be messy before he feels at home...

Now that CNY is round the corner, I have been sort of packing up a little bit here and there when I have the time but to my dismay, every evening when Ace comes back, my few hours of hard work will go down the drain.

The funny thing is that when the things are in a mess, Ace doesn't seem to notice them and so he doesnt take them out and play.
Once i pack them nicely and lay them out nicely, he suddenly notices that this thing exists and just has to take out everything to explore one more time.

The other day, I finally packed his messy bookshelf and he just had to choose that day to take out all his hardcover books to build a castle. The books have been there for a thousand years but he chooses the day that I pack the books to create a mess...

Sometimes I feel like just dumping all the mess in his room and let him be.. dun waste my effort cleaning up.. grrrr....

Previous Post: Why so many meetings?

No comments: