Saturday, January 31, 2009

Don't Give Up!

Max told me that the other day, he spoke to one of our good friend cum fellow LION, Kevin. Max asked him, "If there is only one thing that you can keep repeating to your kids, what will it be?"



Kevin's reply?



"Two words... TRY AGAIN..."



Somehow, this was a very apt conversation as Max told me about this after I told him about an observation I made about Ace the other day in his right brain training class.



During his lessons, there is this memory game where you have to put the cards back into the right order after looking at the right answer for 10 seconds...



Seems like Ace doesn't really like this... and always, when he puts back the answer, he either wants to put it any way he likes OR he wants to look at the answers of his friends and do the same answers.



Worst still, he is really a sore loser lor... if he does it his own way, and he gets the answers wrong, he throws the cards on the floor in tantrum and says, "I don't want already. I don't want to play already..."



Where got people like tat one?



And then I had to give him a prep talk about trying again if he gets the answers wrong and how we learn from our mistakes and should thus celebrate our mistakes.. "Just learn from it and don't do it again lah... don't have to throw a tantrum what..."



He will nod his head and say OK and next week, he is at it again...



As children are our sub conscious reflections, I also dunno wat to do with him.. I wonder which part of my life am I refusing to try again after failing... which part of my life am I in a tantrum instead of learning from my mistakes... I wonder if I really dunno the answers.. hahaha...

Previous Post: Stop Whining!

No comments: