Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I Am A Leader


A very very very long time ago, Ace was sitting in the car when we listened to Arthur on tape.

Arthur was giving a speech about success and leadership and Ace was in his why why why mode. So he started asking me what is uncle Arthur talking about. Why leadership? Why Success? ( I also wondered in such a long sentence, why he only picked out these two words to ask me).

So I just told him that success is having a golden life and having everything you want in your life. Having the time and the money to do all that you want to do. And leadership is how you respond to calls for help. Leadership is about helping people. "Just like what Ace likes to do.. help people.. so you are a leader..."

"Yeah, I am a leader!" he repeated, feeling very happy about himself.

And then I forgot about this conversation for a long long long time....

And then the other day, Daddy took out Arthur's tape to listen again. "Yeah! I want to listen to Uncle Arthur tapes!" Ace exclaimed.

And then the tape went on and on.. this time though, it was about how to find the people you wanted to work with in business and there was nothing said about leadership or success.

But all of a sudden, Ace announced to the whole world. "I am a leader!"

"You know, mummy, I am a leader.." he repeated again...

"Yes, Ace, you are a leader and you are a great leader!" I told him. "Do you know what a leader do?"

"Yes, help people. I help many many people. I am big big leader!"

I am so impressed with my son ;)

Anyway, as he is the first son in the family.. usually first borns are born pioneers and they are born with the gift of leadership.

Yet, at play, he is always a follower. My friend told me it could be tat Ace learns by modelling. So I guess that might be why he is a very good follower and always models after his friend's behaviours.... But he warns me that this sort of children either become very good or very bad because they are easily shaped by their environment. But i guess i cannot be there to watch Ace's every move and watch everyone that he comes into contact with. I can do my best to influence him but he has to choose his own road and his own friends and the life that he wants...

No comments: