Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Outdoor Play

We were rarely free in the evening and since we were free, we asked Ace what he wanted to do.

"Erm... erm..." he thought for very long but does not seem to have any ideas of what he wanted to do and where to go and so I decided to help him out by letting him choose between the airport, shopping or ikea playground.

"Airport!" he exclaimed.

And then he added," I want to bring my long sleeves there because it is so cold..." Alas we had no long sleeves on the car and we did not intend to go home...

So during dinner, I asked him if he would like to go to East Coast park instead. He agreed on the account that there was a mac donalds playground which he liked. Alas, when we reached there, the playground was closed for upgrading.

So I brought him to walk along the beach and told him to count the ships. "See, instead of aeroplanes, we can see ships here..."

"I want to drive a ship.. I go on ship and then you and papa go on the ship and you put on your seat belts and i drive the ship. I am a navy..." Ace was really excited.

Because Max had to settle some stuff, I brought Ace to the beach area on my own.

I suggested that instead of walking on the pavement, we walked along the beach but Ace was afraid to go in and becuase he saw some red ropes all around the beach area (there was a warnin about unstable shoreline), he said the beach is 'closed' and refused to go close.

When he was much younger, he didn't like the beach much because I think he did not like the sound of it.

Since i was inappropriately dressed in my office wear, I suggested the next best thing we could do there... TAKE PICTURES! And so we took turns to take pictures of the beautiful sky line there.

Once he warmed up and saw other children playing on the beach, he was brave enough to venture closer.....

It took a while though for him to finally be willing to step into the water and after that, we went to Coffee Bean for a treat since he was such a good boy today.

Here are the pics:



Previous Post: Sense Of Humour

No comments: