Saturday, April 25, 2009

I So Smart Now


Recently, there are some major upgradings going on in our estate. As such, there are alot of extra things being built all around the estate.

The other night, Ace got lost on the way home...
Perhaps he was tired. Perhaps it was because there were too many new things in our environment. Perhaps it was just too late in the night. Perhaps the night view in our estate looks different in the day.

Anyway, when we got out of the lift, instead of turning right like he usually does, he walked right towards the stairs in front of us and insisted that that was the way to our house. He cried when I told him that is not our house and he kept walking too and fro and the more he walked, the more flustered he got, the more he cried.

I only managed to pacify him when I asked him to trust me that I will bring him home.

Two, three days later, the same thing happened. He got lost again and kept insisting on walking on to the next stairway. He got really flustered and upset when he felt disoriented and Max told him, "Just recognize this plant. When you see this plant, this is the right staircase..."

So after that, he never got disoriented again and everytime he would see the plant and say, "Hey! There is our house.. see.. this is the giant plant..."
And then so for a few times, I pretended to lose my way and asked him for directions and he always looked out for the big plant and got it right.
Then while we were walking down the stairs, he told me, "Mummy, see, I so smart now.. I can find the plant and I can find my house..."
Hahahaaha... this one in hokkien they call it buay hiao bai... But it is great that he knows how to praise himself ;) hehehe...
Previous Post: Hungry children

No comments: