Saturday, July 11, 2009

Doctor Set






Once the Barney show was over, I noticed that Ace started to throw tantrums alot more often and start to misbehave alot more than during the month when he had to collect stars.

So we sort of ran out of ideas on what to do to entice Ace to behave... until we went shopping one day and saw a doctor set with trolley, almost like the set tat Ah Yee bought for Net Net's niece. And Ace stood there and looked at it for a very long time... but he din say anything.

About 3 weeks later though, he came up to me and asked me if I could buy him a doctor set. I told him that he already has two doctor sets in Nainai's house and he said, "But I dun have doctor set in my house leh..." And then when I continued communicating with him, I realized that he just really wanted to have that doctor set with trolley... they call it mobile hospital.

So we drew another dreamboard and told him that for every night that he slept by himself (cos he needed us to accompany him until he falls asleep everynight), he will be able to get a star.

And so, for many nights, Max would go to his room, play with him a bit and then leave him to sleep by himself. And some nights Max will pretend that he wanted to sleep with Ace and Ace will say, "No, Papa. You cannot sleep with me. If you sleep with me, I will not get doctor set..."

And it was always useful to have tat DREAMBOARD so that he knows what he is working towards... and useful cos if he does not behave for other things, we will take away stars and so he will behave himself as well..

Anyway, over the next two weeks, he really slept by himself for 10 days... and finally, he got his doctor's set. Here are pics of him and his PRIZE...
PS: He really enjoys the doctor set and has been playing with it almost every day that he is at home. His favourite is to tell me tat Daddy die already and ask me, "Nurse, come and help to injection Daddy!"

Previous Post: Copy Cat Ace

No comments: