Saturday, April 03, 2010

How About We Da Ma Jiang?

The other day, I was telling Ace about something that made me sad.. and so I told him.. "I feel very sad now..."

And then he told me, "Yeah, I also feel very sad..." and agreed that indeed, the thing I talked to him about was very sad...

And then after about 30 seconds later, he turned around and asked me, "How about we 打麻将?" (play mahjong) and one of his eye brows arched upwards..

I asked him why when we feel sad we have to 打麻将.. cos me and max and our parents have never played mahjong in front of him before.. I dun even know if he knows wat is mahjong..

And then he said.. "打麻将happy mah.."

"Who told you that?" I asked him..

"Kaylen lor!" he replied.

Faintz... children nowadays really have a warped sense of what makes them happy...

Anyway, I thought TV might have been a contributing factor since he recently watched a show about gambling and the people inside are always playing mahjong. So I had a conversation with him about how what he sees on TV may not be true...

It seems like Ace thinks that everything he sees on TV is real cos he told me that Transformers are real.. I asked him how did he know and he said he saw it on TV and it is real.. so I had to remind him again that not all things he sees on tv are real.. most of the time, they are just acting and it is all fake... And so he asked me why it seem so real on tv and I told him that it is because the people who make the shows think that if it look more real, people will like to watch the shows...

PS: Now he keeps asking me if that show is real or not whenever he watches tv.... and he askes like 5 times a day about the SAME SHOW...

PPS: We went to Weijing's house for party and they played mahjong and Ace keeps wanting to play mahjong as well! He was upset that he cannot sit at the table and play with the mahjong and the dice...

Previous Post: Is It Fat Fat Cannot Wear Seatbelt?

No comments: