Friday, April 09, 2010

My Friends Laugh At Me


Well, as children grow up and gain like an idea of of their 'self', they will start to feel bothered by what other people think of them.. so they start to watch what they wear, how they behave in front of society and even the things that they use...

Some children are more particular about this than others.. and unfortunately, my son falls into the former category...

The other day, he came back from school and asked me nicely if I could tell Popo not to let him use the Hello Kitty towel in school (cos my mum is the one who packs his bag for school). I was surprised and asked him, "Are you sure your towel has got hello kitty on it?"

"Yeah, my friends all laughed at me..."

So i went to his bag and took out his towel.. true enough, it was pink.. but i didn't see any kitty on it... so he came and helped me find the kitty.... Hahaha.. it was indeed a Hello Kitty towel! I can imagine how his friends must have laughed at him... poor thing...

Anyway, I told my mum about it and she said she will take note...

The downside of being bothered by how people look at you is that Ace just always wants to be like other people.. example, he wants to buy a new bag because his classmates say his bag is lousy and his classmates have fancy bags with fancy straps and fancy designs... he wants to buy new toys because his classmate has got the so and so toy.... well, I tell him he can keep them in mind for his BD or he can get them WHEN HE FINISH HIS HOMEWORK:) Hahaha...

PS: STill another 100 pages to go for the homework..

Previous Post: Thoughtful Ace

No comments: