Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I Tried My Very Very Best To Be A Good Boy



The other day, I had a very interesting conversation with Ace...


We were sitting there and talking about mundane stuff like what he was doing in school and out of nowhere, he suddenly told me, "Mummy, today, I tried my very very very very very best to be a good boy in school because I want to be a good boy... But after I sleep and wake up, I suddenly forgot i want to be a good boy and I luan luan lai and then I got punished by my teacher..."

So I asked him what did he do to get the punishment and he said it was because he was shouting loudly during lesson.


I then told Ace that he is a very good boy and that he can jia you and continue to try to be a good boy..... and he nodded his head..

For the next few days, he will keep reporting to me about whether he was a good boy that day and what good or bad things in did in school.... and I just reminded him that he is a good boy...


And on a seperate note, Ace asked me other day if I love it that he is a good boy.. so I told him, "Yes, I love it when you are a good boy.. and I love you... I love you even if you are a naughty boy, I love you no matter what.." and gave him a hug...


"You will love me no matter what right?" Ace asked me as i was hugging him... "Yes, and Daddy will also love you no matter what..."

And Ace was really happy for the rest of the day...

It just goes to show that all children want is just unconditional love...


A few days later, when we were having another conversation with Ace and I was telling him how sometimes I shout at him or scold him because I do not know how to show my love in another way at that point... I explained to him sometimes we want him to do something because it will keep him safe and if he does not follow, we get worried and may scream and shout at him and hope that he will hear us and listen.... "But I am very sorry when I scream at you..."

And very nonchalently, Ace said, "Nevermind.. I know.. you care for me right? You love me right?"

Hahaha...sometimes I wonder where this spirit is from....

PS: Another day, I was in a super bad mood and screamed at Ace. Afterward, I apologized to him and explained to him that Max's absence was making me very frustrated and upset.. and I am so sorry that I screamed at him.. I shouldnt have done that to him even though I was upset... and then I sang the Ho'oopomnopono Song for him...

And he said, to me, "I'm sorry mummy.... I am sorry I always make you angry too.." and he hugged me... aw... sweet... some comfort in the midst of unpleasant feelings:)

Previous Post: Hotel Fa Guo

No comments: