Friday, April 30, 2010

Sticky Ace


Ace has been rather sticky recently... perhaps he misses his dad badly...

Whenever I am with him, he wants to just STICK to me.. he cannot sit beside me or just stand beside me.. he either has to sit on my lap, hug me, lie on my tummy..

If I am outside instead of staying at home with me, he will call me at 10pm sharp and he will ask me when I am coming back and ask if I can go back to my mum's place to sleep with him...

Sometimes I enjoy having him around but when he gets soooooooo sticky, it sometimes gets on my nerves and I would tell him "Ace, you are a big boy already. I enjoy spending time with you but can you sit on your 0wn.. you are really very heavy leh..."

And there was one time when I cannot tahan and I told him, "Can you dun stick so close to me, Ace? You make me feel like running away..."

And instead of feeling hurt or running away, Ace in his usual sticky nature told me, "I will do that!" stuck closer to me and giggled... I give up! hahaha..

But well, I guess Ace really showed a good example of giving love no matter what...

Since we are on this topic, I must mention tat Ace has lately started to think tat going against my wishes is a fun game. Whenever I ask him to do something, he will tell me, "I don't" or "I won't" and smile... and if I say, "Ace, please dun XXX" and he will tell me, "I will do that" and giggle loudly...

If it gets on my nerves and I scold him, HE WILL CONTINUE TO SMILE AT ME.. which makes me even more angry because it reminds me of how my sister would always exasperate me and make me lose the control and the authority of a big sister when we were younger.... cos my sister used to do the exact same thing to me just to irritate me and make me angry...

The other day, I used his feet to touch my face and I asked him nicely if he could stop that... and he did not listen.. after 3 warnings, I told him in a quiet gentle voice, "Ace, mummy already told you many times not to do that. Your leg is very dirty.. it will dirty my face and my skin and it will grow pimples..."

And then just to get back at him and make fun of him, I very suddenly increase my volume into a fake angry voice and said, "You need me to scream at you before you will listen?" And then I smiled at him to show that this is meant as a joke...

Ace held both hands into a fist and put them near his eyes, his m shaped mouth came up and he started to want to cry.. and I laughed at him, "Hahaha.. like that you cry.. why are you crying when you know mummy is joking with you... hahahaha..."

And somehow in that split moment, from crying, he started to laugh.. and after he finsihed laughing, he hit my hand and said, "see lah, wo ku bu chu lai le lah..." (I can't cry out loud now..)

And then we had a good laugh together after that....

This is really a funny little boy...

Previous Post: Helpful Ace

No comments: