Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Qing Ming





During Qing Ming.. it is a norm for us to go to the temple to pray...

Brought Ace there and asked him to help out with the folding of the paper money...

Ace was rather fascinated with the process of fanning out the paper abut as his hands were too small, he was unable to really open out into a fan..

When we tried to teach him how to fold the golden ingot.. he foudn it difficult to master.. BUT he still wanted to help so in the end, we would fold all the golden ingots and he would help to open them up...

And then Ace kept asking me things like.. why are we burning the money, why there are so many incense, why we must put food in front of ah gong.. and why after ah g0ng eat the food, the food is still there?

I briefly explained to him that we are burning money so that they will have money to spend there.. and that we are praying with incences and putting food there for them to eat.. but for them, they are full after smelling them... But I wonder how I could explain to him about the different beliefs people have about this due to cultural and religious differences... I think i wil save that discussion for when he is a little bit older...

I read a book called Punk Science recently and found out that there is very little we know about the world and even something as normal as clouds we also dun know everything about it... so it makes me wonder how I could explain things happening in the world to Ace.. I guess i will encourage him to read the book as well and form his own opinions about our world... For now, I will tell him this is what "mummy thinks" or "mummy's guess" but I am not sure if this is how it is...

Previous Post: Ice Cream Day!

No comments: