Sunday, December 12, 2010

Adventures In Dubai Day 16: The Big Eat At Adam's House

The day started off to an uneventful start.. we ate our usual breakfast of milk with cornflakes and after a short while, Ace Chua was hungry again.. so I took out the leftover rice, fried it with some carrots, egg and some soy based mock chicken and that was Ace's lunch..

Ace complained that the rice was hot and spicy and I told him I did not put in any chilli.. so it cannot be.. I thought he was referring to the pepper I added in but I only added in a little bit of pepper...And so it couldnt be that spicy.. but when I took a bite of the fried rice, I realized that I had accidentally added SPICY soy chicken instead of the normal one.. hahahahhaa.. but well, Ace still finished it in the end.

After a short while, Ace was HUNGRY again...

I remembered I still had some "about to expire" bread in the fridge and so I took them out, cut them into pieces and dipped them in egg and fried them... french toast style... when he saw the eggs, Ace complained and said he doesnt like to eat french toast, he doesnt like eggs.. etc...

But once he ate the bread sticks... hahahhaa.. he said it is very nice and asked if I can make for him again:) He asked me to take photo of him and the breadstick and he posed with his eyes closed because he said it was so nice he wanted to sleep already.... I dunno wat is the logic.. maybe it was so nice he feel so nice and relaxed bah...

Then dinner time came... and off we were because we were invited to go over Adam's house for dinner....

We went over to Spinney's to get the kids a present and when we arrived, Aunty Hor, Adam's mum, said she cooked vegeterian for us.. she announced that the Tai Sak Wee (Big Eat Party) has officially started...

We had Egg fried with long beans, dhal (cooked by Pauline) and chap cai cooked with fu ju (by Aunty Hor).... made me miss home and miss my dad's chap cai and made me feel super at home lor... so happy!

There, I met Gan whom I got to know on FB for sometime and I felt like everyone is family and that we have known each other for a long tiem like that.. words cannot describe how at home I felt.. it was the first time I felt this at home in Dubai since I arrived some 16 days ago....

Here in dubai, suddenly Singaporean and Malaysians dun seem to be different or apart.. hahahaha..we feel like we belong to the diff county in the same country... hahaha.. we speak the same language, eat the same food.. have the same type of humour... and it was nice to have children, elders and peers all represented in the gathering...

Adam was perpetually washing the dishes and Pauline perpetually serving us this and that.. they took out all their kachang and we had beer, korean wine...





The kids took out their gift and started to try to play twister....but got tired of it after a while.. hahaha...




And they started playing with the iphone... they have so many games and all they want to do is play iphone! Hahahahaha

There goes Adam.. washing the dishes AGAIN. hahha.. anyway, aunty hor also made this banana cake.. it is banana, flour and sugar.. and it tasted so good lor! And it made me think of home! ah.....

The boys started to play some quieter games like folding origami but got tired after a very short while...

Here's all the goodies we had.. hahaha.. it was a alchohol party too:) Anyway, the kids started running all over the house and screaming and shouting and so, Max decided to quieten them down by playing games with them.. he invented a few games along the way and had the children in peals of laughter...





The kids FINALLY quieten down when AUNTY HOR show her colours... hahahahaha...

Adam asked Aunty Hor if she could help us take care of Ace while he and Pauline and me and Max went out to "wet" (equivilent to our "chiong") and she promptly agreed and even asked Ace.. Ace just asked her, "Then will you stay here with us?" And once she said she was staying, he said OK to the idea...

However, he did not want to stay overnight and sleep there. He was just happy to play with the kids and wanted me and Max to go and pick him up later ;) Well, I certainly hope we will have a chance to form the DTWG (Dubai Temporary Wet Gang) one of these days.. hahaha...

One our way home, we saw a nice roundabout again...

And then when we were parking the car, we saw a CUCKOO park his car in the middle of the road that leads from one part of the car park to the other. So Max wind down his window and told the driver, "That is not a lot.." The guy said thanks to us and drove away. and tried to park in a lot.. he ended up parking in TWO lots... hai.... I think he must be very drunk...

Anyway, my observation here is that the people here are mostly very terrible drivers. I derive that from the fact that I see that Max has to horn at other people very often.. it is not that he wants to but he has to.. because those pple were always doing crazy stunts on the roads...

Someone said that Singaporeans are a strange lot on the road as Singaporeans dun like to signal.. but I dun think that is true.. I think only 20% of singaporeans are like tat.. dun signal..

Here in dubai.. 99% of the drivers I see on the roads dun signal.. so when you cross the roads, you have to be really careful.. because from my observation, the drivers here are what my driving instructor would term as drivers without eyes.. they dun check blind spot, they dun look behind them before they reverse, they dun signal whether they want to go left or right and they like to cut other people just to gain teeny weeny bit of distance forward.. and when they cut, they just cut.. they dun signal, dun check if there is anyone beside them.... and even though they are the ones who dun signal and you have the right of way.. if you cut in when they are about to pull a stunt, they HORN at you... siao one... and alot of them cannot park properly... and yet want to drive big cars.. hahahahaha...(Shhh.. tell you secretly... many of the lousy drivers I see who drive as badly as me are ah neh... I swear it is not because I am biased towards them..)

Anyway, Max sent me an email and said that he might have to go over to Sydney to do some sort of presentation for work... I told him it is fine and that we would do just fine on our own...as long as got food in the house, I think we will do okie.. but I also secretly wished he could stay in Dubai.. after all, I dun have that many days and would prefer to spend every single day with him...

I told Ace that Max might have to be away and he was okay with it also because I told him that if daddy did it right, daddy can come back to singapore to work.. hahahaha..

In the end though, my prayers came true.. Max got to stay:) He said he was also reluctant to go since me and Ace are here in Dubai.. if we werent here, he will surely fight for the chance to go..

Anyway, the night ended very happy:)

Previous Post: Adventures In Dubai Day 15: Stayed At Home Day

No comments: