Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Adventures In Dubai Day 32: Christmas Party!

This is our first and only xmas in Dubai.. I think.. hahaha..

The day before, when Ace followed me to the gym, he had great success bouncing the grey ball.. from only being able to bounce a few times, he managed to bounce more than 10 times and so he is so motivated to do it again and he asked me if I can go to gym again tomorrow. I told him tomorrow Daddy would be at home and he said, "Ask daddy to go too lah.."

So just so he can wake early to bounce ball, he actualy slept a little earlier and woke up early.... When I asked him why he woke so early.. he said, "I want to go gym to bounce ball.." And in the end, Max brought him to the gym while I stayed back to make breakfast...


As you can tell, they had fun:)


After breakfast, I made lunch while we watched some movie together.. I think we watched Dispecable Me... Max fried the veggie while I did the soup.. I wanted to cook and eat early so that I had more time to cook my curry for the xmas party ;)

Also wanted to wash the clothes... I took this picture so tat I can tell you a story..

Once, about 31 days ago, I wanted to help my hubby wash clothes. He pointed out to me and said to use this bottle of liquid to wash the clothes and so I did... but after tat, I wondered why his collar was still so black and why I could still smell all the perfume on his clothes. It felt like I was using only water to rinse the clothes like tat.. so I took out the washing liquid and took a good look.. the bottle said, DOWNY.. making your clothes soft and fresh... or something like tat...

And then I laughed lor! Cos for the past 6 months, my hubby has been using FABRIC SOFTENER to wash his clothes! ;) hahahaaha

It is not entirely his fault cos the bottle did not mention tat it is a softener... it only happened so that I am aware tat downy is a softener brand.. hahahahahahahahaha....

Well, while Max and Ace were watching the movie, I was bz frying stuff for my curry... I fried my potatoes and tou kwa and then when it was time to cook curry, we realized we are quite late and so Max took over while I want to bath... alas, we realized we bought the wrong curry paste and so in the end used some paste he had at home... the paste hor.. smelled very indian lor..so I was so upset and disappointed because after being bz in the kitchen for so many hours to produce MUTTON CURRY, all i produced was some sort of indian smelling curry...

But luckily, Max is quite a good cook so once i got over the disappointment, I realized tat the curry was actually very tasty still ;) Even Pauline said so....

The kids at the christmas party.. one of the Singaporeans there organized a party at her place.. her place is so nice.. it is like a new condo at Jumeriah... which is the beach area and her house is next to the yatch club or something like tat.. nice view lor! :)



There were a few kids there as well and Ace met a new friend who is born in SGP but grew up in Dubai.. and then for half an hour while they were eating, they were trying to hold a conversation in CHINESE.. so funny lor.. and they talked about things like.. have you watched okto before, have you tried drinking coke before.. etc.. hahahaha..






Gift exchange time.. everyone picked a number and you get to pick a gift. If you dun like the gift, you can exchange it with someone before you.. hahahahaaha...

Aunty got a vase with bracelets.. I got a starbucks mug with chocolates (I only realized there are chocolates when I was packing to go back to sgp), Adam got a mini fig plant.. so cute!

Pauline got a candle holder and salt and pepper set with xmas theme.. Max got a book THREE CUPS and it got exchanged away.. so he had to pick a new gift.. he asked Ace to pick and Ace picked the bag tat says KIDS WAY.. which turned out to be a kid sized top.. for kids.. (I wonder who bought this lor.. no one admitted to it.. hahahahaha) but well, good for Ace lor.. hahaha

Ace got a fishing set...

After a while, the kids still went back to their fav game.. IPHONE.. hahahaha

We adults just drink and make merry lah ;)



The host gave Ace her christmas hat before we left cos Ace kept looking at it.. and so we ended our day...



Ace started playing with his toys when he reached home and we watched movie together again while we ate chips.. Max asked Ace to pose with his beer bottle so tat it looked like he was drinking beer.. Ace cannot be bothered cos he is focusing on the movie.. but he held the bottle anyway....


Previous Post: Adventures In Dubai Day 31: Mr Sandman

No comments: