Sunday, March 20, 2011

About Love


As usual, the time before we zzz is the time we have our most interesting conversations... unlikehis dad, Ace enjoys talking to me before bedtime.. hahaha:)

That day, for some unknown reason, we talked about what happened in the show and Ace asked me how come I knew that when a person break up, they will feel sad... So I told him that is because I had a similar experience as the person in the show as well... That is why i guessed the character felt sad when she has such an experience...

And then he started asking me about who I broke up with, what is his name in english, what is his name in chinese, how I got to know him and why we broke up... He wanted me to tell him the whole story... so I spent time telling him about my first love... how we met in school and how we got together and then how we broke up...

"Why did he break up with you?"

"I dunno, Ace, he just told me one day that he dun love me anymore.. so we broke up.."

"Why he dun love you anymore?" He asked.

"I am not sure, I think it could be that we spent less and less time together and he started loving someone else instead of me..."

"Is it you all fen shou?"

"Yes, " I replied..

"Then were you very sad..." Ace asked me..

"Yes, at tat time, I was very sad...." I told him..

And then my son said to my surprise, "Do you know where is he now? I go and beat him up, how can he dun love you and make you sad?! HUMPH..."

So I explained that after I got over being sad, we are friends again. It is just that we both have our own lives and families now and so we dun meet up often but when we were boyfriend and girlfriend, he was my best friend. There is no need to beat him up.

And Ace suddenly also had an insightful thought.. "Hai hao he break up with you lah.. if not you wouldnt marry daddy, right?"

Hahahaha.. THAT IS VERY RIGHT:) "Yes, luckily we broke up.. then I got chance to meet daddy and then get together with him and marry him and give birth to such a cute and sweet and handsome son called Ace.."

So he started asking me about how me and Max met up and how we fell in love and how we decided to get married... which brought us to another topic...."WHAT IS 'ROMANTIC'?"

I tried to explain this word to my best of ability to Ace and in the end, after thinking through my various options, I settled for this explaination... "Romantic means you do something, eat something, hear some sort of music or go somewhere so that your heart is filled with a sweet sweet feeling and lots of love..."

"Can you tell me what you have to do to feel romantic? What romantic things you do with daddy?"

Wah, why his questions become more and more difficult to answer one.. This one hor, very difficult to answer because it has been a long long while since we really did anything romantic... I think in our early courtship days, there were lots of romantic stuff like long walks from joo chiat to bedok, long walks from east coast to tanjung rhu...hotel stays with flower petals on the bed..... but as daily life got better of us, we have less and less time to be romantic...

"It has been a long time since I did anything romantic with daddy lor..." I told Ace. Cos the only recent memory of something remotely romantic is the walk I forced Max to take with me when we were in east coast park during his holiday back home.. and maybe when he sent me flowers on our weddding anniversary.. but tat did not count for much since he was not beside me to celebrate...

"Why?" Ace asked...

"Well, we dun have much time to do that because when daddy was back, everyone wanted to be with daddy too.. so we did not have much time to be alone together..."

I think though, it is also because we have forgotten to take time to do romantic things with each other.. even though I did not tell Ace that.. thinking about all these precious memories make me miss Max alot and miss the days and the things we did when we were in the courting stage...

"Okie, time to sleep..." I told Ace and therein put a stop to our conversation about LOVE at 11.30pm in the night...

Previous Post: Lao Ma Was Locked In Her Room

No comments: