Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ace Lost His Goggles










It was time for Ace's swimming lesson again and I havent been taking much photos of him at his class...

It was a very strange day with strange weather.. when we left the house, the skies were all grey and it looked as if it is going to rain SOON! But suddenly, when we reached the pool, the clouds cleared and the sun came out!

Perhaps due to the weather, all of the other students in Ace's swimming class did not come at all... and so Ace had to play in the water by himself.. seeing that he seems quite bored and since I was not wearing my swimming costume, I couldnt join him in the pool.. so the only way I could entertain him is to ask him to pose for photos for me:) And so Ace showed off all his tricks in front of the camera...

And then finally, his teacher came for Ace's PRIVATE SWIMMING LESSON that day:)

But midway during his class, I noticed that Ace was not wearing his goggles... I looked around and saw a little girl who is all in pink wearing the exact same goggles... it was really out of ordinary that someone who likes pink so much chose an orange goggles so I wondered if Ace lost his goggles and this little picked it up to use it...

I also wondered if I should ask Ace about his goggles because i know he will get upset...

And then after a while, I decided to ask Ace about his goggles and true enough, he got upset and started crying. I told him I saw a girl wearing similar goggles and maybe we can go and ask her.. but he cried and din dare to approach her and so his swimming coach, Mr Loke asked the little girl, "Hey, are those your goggles?"

She nodded and continued to swim and since she did not show guilt.. I also felt bad like we may have misjudged her or something...

Anyway, I told Ace then he should continue with his lesson and we will buy a new one another day.. but Ace started crying and sobbing loudly... so I gave him a hug... yes, me in my white tshirt and shorts gave the fresh out of water little boy a hug...

But he still wouldnt stop and I told him that if he kept crying, I will be totally wet too... and at this moment, a few little boys nearby asked, "What? What?"

One of the little boys is a regular who visits the pool every week at this time of the day to swim. I have often noticed him because he used to wear a purple swimsuit and I always wondered what made him choose a PURPLE SWIMSUIT.. and also because I noticed he is always very cheeky and naughty.. so in my mind, I already labeled him as "the naughty fat boy in purple suit".

But leh, life has a way of teaching us little lessons in subtle ways. I told the boys, "He is crying because he lost his goggles..." and so they asked, "What colour?"

"Orange, " I told them...

And these helpful boys started searching for it... including "the naughty fat boy in purple suit". 5 min later, someone found it... and so all is well and ends well...


I made a mental note to self to stop judging people based on their looks.. even ""the naughty fat boy in purple suit" also can have a big caring heart...

Previous Post: Dinner At Laoma's House

No comments: