Friday, March 04, 2011

Goodbye Is The Hardest Thing

Goodbye is the hardest thing to do.. as always.. and always heart wrenching..

This time round, Max is leaving on a saturday afternoon.. so me and Ace went to see him off... That's Ace waiting for cap with the lugguage..

When in the taxi on the way to the airport, Ace already realizes that Daddy will be leaving and starts to sai nai and hug hug daddy the whole way there....



That's us trying to find our way to waraku to have a meal there...


BUT.. once ace saw the YELLOW M sign, he wanted to eat mac donald breakfast lor.. hahahahaha... so we went to mac donalds instead...

Ace feeding daddy...SWEET!

Ace says he wanted to take the sky train and since there is a little bit of time left, we took the train to T1 and back.. while waiting for the train, Ace started to turn moody and wanted to hug his daddy tight tight...




On the way to departure hall, we saw a Patrick the Starfish toy tat LOOKS LIKE MAX NOW.. big tummy and no hair.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA..

PS: Max has already lost some weight according to him.. so maybe dun look like patrick starfish now:) hahahahha

Right after we finished the sky train ride, Ace asked me where we are going.. I told him we are sending daddy off at the departure hall and he said, "This is no fun at all, Mummy.. This is no fun at all..." he kept repeating...

Once at the departure gate, he wrapped his head in his sweater and did stunts like hugging daddy's leg, hugging daddy's luggage so tat daddy cannot go in...

Max tried to cheer him up by swinging him around but that was apparently not enough still for Ace...


Max trying to take a pic of Ace in tantrum...

Nevertheless, Max was running late.. and despite showing a black face, Ace did not cry...

It was only when his dad walked in through the immigration point that it hit Ace that he wouldnt see his dad for quite a while tat he started crying and crying and crying..

He continued to cry for the next 10 minutes and then I told him we can go one corner and I will let him continue to cry.. i found a bench for us to sit on and he continued to cry.... all the while asking me, "Mummy, I love daddy so much, why he want to go away.... WHY? WHY? WHY?"

"Why I love him so much he still want to go???" He kept asking me repeatedly.. and this went on for another 10 minutes and he sort of quieten down and so I thought he might finally be done with his crying....

But at this point, he surprised me by saying, "Mummy, I want to stay in the airport.." When I asked him why, he said he wanted to stay in the airport to wait for his daddy to come home...

I told him daddy will be away for a few months, if we stayed here and din change our clothes or bath, we would stink...

"We go buy clothes and bath in toilet lah..." he said...

So I changed tactic and told him that the policeman does not allow people to sleep in the airport.. if he sees us, he will ask Ace, "Boy, why are you sleeping here?"

So Ace replied, "I will tell him I miss my daddy very much and I am waiting for my daddy here in the airport..."

Anyway, after some on off crying for about 20-30 min, we were finally ready to go over to visit my friend who had just given birth... Along the way, my slight sniffle became a full fledge flu...

By the time we were done , it was about 3.30pm when we reached home.. I literally fainted on my sofa cos I was so sick and so tired.. my very caring little boy who promised daddy to take care of me told me, "You and Ah Yee sick... (Ah Yee LS tat day) I only little sick, I will take care of you.. " and so he took a blanket and put it over me...

Max on the other hand was also nursing a slight cough.. i think the seperation is causing lots of emotional pain which is manifesting itself in all sorts of physical pain as well...

Thankfully, all of us got through it fast and I was good as new the next day.. Ace was also better and so are Ah Yee and Max:)

PPS: AH Yee's LS not caused by seperation for Max though.. I think caused by a stomach flu that did not recover properly...

Previous Post: Ace CNY Party In School

No comments: