Saturday, April 21, 2012

Ace The Art Teacher


We saw a groupon deal that is selling vouchers to eat brunch on a friday at a fine dining indian restaurant (that Max's indian colleagues say is very good) sometime back and decided to jio our friends to go together!:)

We had intially wanted to make this a farewell party for one of our friends but they sold too many groupon vouchers and we couldnt even book for the date tat we wanted and they are fully booked till one month later! So leh, we had to rearrange and only finally got to go in April even though we bought the voucher in Februrary!

But hor, I expect fine dining restaurants to have higher standard leh... On the day we were supposed to go, they called me and gave me bullshit about me needing to arrive one hour earlier because I did not confirm my slot with the cos I did not pick up my call when i was in China.. But I have been back for a few days and they did not try again when i was back wor..

I asked them if i go at 11 and finally only leave at 3pm, is it ok.. will they chase me out? They said no.. then I dun see what is the problem. and then they say they din get my voucher numbers tat is why never confirm.. and then I gave them a big scolding (after so many years in sales, I am expert in becoming difficult customer to get wat i want and also, in my experience, most indian service staff need scolding before they will wake up their idea one)... and suddenly, I got a table at my originally preferred timing with NO NEED for voucher numbers! Tamade.. the tiger never roar, they think the tiger is a sick cat!


BUT, I am digressing.. as this post is supposed to be about Ace the art teacher.. hahaha


Anyway, it was just a small group of us.. consisting of me, Max, Gan, Fayth and Wai Leng.. and I was a tad worried that Ace might not find anything suitable to eat...


My worries were unfounded.. because Ace discovered egg prata! And so, he had I think 5 pieces of egg prata (about 2.5 pieces of our usual prata) with sugar...

And after that, he moved straight to dessert! Luckily, this dessert tasted quite good. it is some sort of pudding and it isnt super sweet like most desserts...



And as the adults started catching up...



Ace started playing with his magic ruler.. Alas, he got bored after a while and started to take out more ka chang from his bag! I then realize that he bought alot of ka chang lor.. he brought paper, pen, staples and even a hole puncher!

And then he started bugging Fayth and Gan and asking them where they want to go... "Do you want to go to the art room?" He kept asking them.. and because he was so insistent, they said ok they wanna go..

So he went and took out pieces of paper and wrote the words "art room" on them and then used a hole puncher to punch a hole on the words (just like the ticketing people did to our tickets when we were visiting various parts of Yu Yuan while we were in China! hahaha) And then Ace told them that they can visit the art room.. which is at OUR HOUSE! hahahaha

But we were not at our house and so Ace changed his mind and  decided tat our table would be the art room.. and what do you do in the art room? You make art!

Then he started showing Fayth how to draw this or do that... Midway while happily talking to Fayth, Ace complained, "Haiya, Uncle Gan is not listening!"


The very amused Max as he watched what Ace was doing..

That is Ace giving Uncle Gan a dressing down for not listening to the "teacher".. wahahahaha

Then Ace decided that he will teach Fayth how to make a rose using the paper strip tat was used to cover the straws.... And he was happily folding away and when it came to the most important part where he had to slot the stem in and twist, he passed it to me to do it.. so Fayth also followed till that point and told him, "I need to know how to do it.. You did not demonstrate how to do it so i don't know how to do it.."

This teacher is goood.. he merely said, "You can pass it to my mumy and she can do it for you.."

HAHAHAHAH!

The very full Max showing off his tummy:)


After they finished their art and craft, Ace even drew a certificate for each of them for completing the course. Fayth, Ace says, got a SILVER card because she did a good job... and Uncle Gan leh, only got a white card "because he was not listening..."

"Next time you must listen okie?" Said teacher Ace. And after he got home, he was so excited that he started planning for their next lesson cos we said we might meet up again for dinner at Wai Leng's place the next day.. and his next lesson for his students? SPY LESSONS! Hahahaahahaha...

Tak boleh tahan this boy lah...

Previous Post: Chua Family's New Project: Pandan Cake!

No comments: