Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day Trip To Abu Dhabi

Max had a lobang to play soccer in Abu Dhabi and he asked if I was interested to go with Ace since it was over the weekend. Since the weekends have been rather boring with us visiting the same malls again and again, I said YES:)

Max told Ace to bring his balls and his plane as they will be playing on an artificial turf in the outdoors.. "You can kick ball and play with your aeroplanes if you like.." he told Ace.. adding that many people would bring their families along and that most of the people who are playing are Singaporeans... in fact, all of them are Singaporeans...

It was an at least one and a half hour drive...

I started bright and cheery but midway, I just fell asleep... hahahahaha:)

And then, suddenly, when I woke up, I found out tat we were near the Pancake building that we saw the other time.. as I did not get very good photos the other time we came to abu dhabi, I decided to take more photos...

Up close and personal with pancake building.. hahaha..

Anyway, we discovered tat we had sometime before the match and since we were near a mall, we decided to stopover at the mall to see see look look first...

After parking his car, Max said that this mall looks pretty impressive... I told him that it doesnt seem to have many stores.. we better dun get our hopes up to high...

And wat do you know, the mall is right next to the pancake building.. so we took a picture with the building:)

And true enough, the mall was a sad sad one.. other than a LuLu Hypermart.. the only other thing that is remotely interesting is this party shop on the third storey.. it sells lots of interesting things like trophies...

Masks...

And pin it ons... Ace said that he wanted to buy this for Ms O'Donnel his class teacher.. hahaha

They also sell pig's stouts and dog's snouts:)

And also lots of different types of helium balloons!

This one I think is super interesting.. itis a cupcake stand where you can use to create a special birthday cake:)

Hmmm.. will Ace ever get to use this?


The king's hat was too heavy for Ace and he couldnt lift his head up at all:)

Ace says this is his favourite hat:)

Doesn't he look cute as a jester?:P

I try on some of the hats too...



Then when we walked out of the shop, we realized that we are at the side of the building and we were looking out into this hotel and a man made beach...

Very interesting view...

Then we walked around Lulu... and Ace found a captain America mask...


The dad took on the role of Incredible Hulk...

So I guess tat leaves me with Iron Man or Thor.. wahahahah

Check tis out.. your very own soda making machine! COOLNESS!

Ace getting very excited over The Simpson's popsicles...

Look what we found too... Siew Mai and those money pockets from Singapore! But we din buy lah.. since the only person who can eat these in our family is me.. hahaha

Found this Fanta Strawerry and decided to buy it to quench my thirst..

Then we left the boring mall and went on our way and then I saw Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi... it is one of the places I havent visited yet in the region... Under the glaring reflection of the bright sunlight, it mosque really looked very grand!


Then we found out that the place that Max is playing soccer in is near the mosque.. so after we parked, I walked closer to take a nicer picture through this building we were parked behind..

As we were still early, Ace and Max decided to kick the ball around a bit...


I must say that Ace's ball sense has improved considerably since the last time they played soccer.. and it goes without saying as he has been playing soccer during PE and also I think during playtime (as I discovered the front part of his black school shoes  that he wears on non-PE days peeling...)




Well, I guess after all the practice all these years (Ace's Favourite Ball, Where Is My LiverpoolLiverpool's Youngest Star:Ace Chua),   it IS time he improved right?:)

And Ace was really happy that he also found a new friend. Apparently, one of Max's teammates brought along his 10-year-old son, Dominic. He is a very gentle boy who loves soccer and he is a great elder brother to Ace.. and Ace had so much fun playing with him, Ace took out his sticker book and gave him a sticker and told him, "That is for being my best friend..." Wahaahhaah.. But cos dominic is already 10, stickers are not so cool to him right.. so he stuck the sticker on Ace's ball...

Ace was actually running around and playing for a good hour... till his cheeks were both rosy!:)



Then the older gor gors also started to play together with them. The older gor gors are all Singaporeans as well but they are malays. I gather they have been here for a really long time cos they all speak with an american or british accent.... It is just so strange to see an asian malay face speak ang moh with slang.. instead of their mat rock accent... strange! I wonder how long it will take Ace to develop this slang...


When Dominic's dad was free during halftime, he played with the boys as well...


Then Ace took out his airplane that we bought from China and tried to fly it around the field... and then, it was time to go home..

Intiially we had wanted to go to Marina Mall in Dubai for dinner but one of the teammates who live in AD told us there is a new mall nearby and there is a Lemongrass Restaurant there.. so tat sealed the deal for us:) wahahah


Ace wanted to eat Subway or Mac Donalds and was quite upset.. we promised to order for him his fav fried noodles and chilli toufu..


And the food was good! Our green curry and pad thai with egg:)

The very happy Ace cos he loved the food:) Heng ah... if not have to hear him whine again..

Chilli toufu...

The most horrible kids costume I have ever seen! SCARY!!!!!! I would never want Ace to dress up as a creepy smurf in this outfit! They are cute the way they are but not in this form!!!

Anyway, we walked around the mall a little and then decided to head home since it was a long drive home and Max was rather tired.. I really salute Max's teammates who told us that they used to drive weekly to play here in AD all the way from Mirdiff.. which is right at the other end of Dubai that is furthest away from AD! Ace fell asleep on the way home and was totally knocked out...

I guess it was nice to have some change in our routine every once in a while.. I wouldnt want to come every week but I dun mind coming every once in a while:) hehe..

Previous Post: I 'H' You

No comments: