Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Exotic Snacks

Had a chat with Ace the other day before bed time and we were talking about his packed snacks...

Ace told me that his classmates are always very fascinated with his snacks and always asking him what is this and what is that.. The other day, he brought some veg Char Siew Bun (yes, they are interestingly easily available here) and they were so intrigued by it and kept asking him what is the orange stuff. And because all of them watched Junior Master Chef (it is on the free to air tv channel here), they kept asking him if it is DIM SUM.

So they think tat Ace has very exotic snacks.. hahaha:)

And I explained to Ace that he has to tell them that this is called CHAR SIEW BAO. It is a bun with chinese roasted pork inside.. BUT his version is vegeterian as he is vegeterian.

Today, I made him a egg burger.. a little bit like the egg mc muffin at mac donalds.. only tat I couldnt find a muffin and used a burger bun instead. It has got egg (I bought a round mould in Daiso so tat I could make the same type of egg in the egg mc muffin), ketchup and vegeterian ham inside. So when his classmates saw him taking out his snack, they asked, "Is that a burger?" And went "wow!" when Ace said it is.

So I was very curious about what his other classmates ate and he said that they usually drank juices, milk, fruits, potato chips and some of them have pasta... some get carrot and cucumber strips...

As I also always make sushi for him, I asked him if he was the only person in his class who ate sushi, bao, burger, pizza for snack and he said yes..

I said, "Maybe I should learn from their mother and just buy and wash some veg and fruits and throw it into the box for you...
And it was met with a loud resounding, "No....."
And the reason for that?
"Then I won't be popular..."
Anyway, he has been requesting for bao and burger only this week. i wonder if he really likes to eat it or likes it tat he is the centre of attention with these foods...

Anyway, good tat he likes to eat burger. I can get it done in 5 min as compared to sushi which is alot more work since i gotto cook the rice and also fry the egg seperately...:)

PS: made a mushroom patty burger cos father and son said they are hungry...

But Ace says he prefers the egg one...

Previous Post: 

No comments: