Saturday, October 20, 2012

When People Die


The other day me and Ace were just having fun having a singing conversation..sometimes we do silly stuff like that.. we sing our conversation out to a random tune we create on the spot..

While it is not possible to redo the whole song again, our converstaion went something like that.... It is sort of a continuation from our discussion about life and death  where I explained that everything in our life is a choice and even death.. is very often an unconscious choice....

Ace: I don't understand why people die, why do they leave their loved ones...
Me: Sometimes people choose to leave because they have already finished the homework that they set out to do on earth....

Ace: But why do they leave their loved ones.. don't they know people who love them will cry and be sad?
Me: Of course they do... but learning to say hello to new people and say goodbye to people is a part of life. Even if people may die, new ones may be born... Just like in future, on one hand, you may lose mummy or daddy to death but you willl also have new family members like your wife or your children or even grand children!

Ace: But why do people die and why do people leave others behind? Why do they want to choose to die when they can choose to live and be with their family...
Me: People who die never leave.. they live on forever in the hearts of the people that they love and love them.... they never really live and they always continue to live on in our hearts...

At this point, Ace started to cry.. because he says he thought of how he would be all alone if all his family members died... and I hugged him tight and explained to him that there is a very very small chance that ALL his family members will die with only him being left alive since we have a huge family... he paused from his crying for a while and I reminded him again that I had to remind him that people who die live in our hearts forever again and I told him that in the event that I die, he still has his dad.. or if both his parents die, he will still have popo, nai nai, gongong, yeye, ah yee, net net, shu shu and didi (ah Yee's baby who is coming into our family soon) to love him.. and when he grows up, he will have his own family.. a wife and also his own children too...

He seemed to feel much better after this reminder and then he said, "Ok mummy, can I continue to cry, I think i am not done yet.. and so he continued to cry till he felt he was done with the emotion. Meanwhile, I just hugged him tight and sent him love.

One good turn deserves another. About a week later, we were having our before bedtime conversation again and I told him that I have been feeling rather blue recently because I am starting to miss Singapore again... he put down the book that he was reading and hugged me tight and gave me a kiss and asked me, "Do you feel better?"

"Yes, thank you very much.. that was very helpful for me.."

"I know you not very happy these few days cos when I see your face, your mouth always like this.." and he pursed his lips into a pout.. "You always zui du du like that..."

"Is that why you were very huggy and kissy these few days?" I asked him.

"yeah.."

And then, he put his arms around me and continued to read. I sniffled a little and he turned to me and asked in a concerned voice, "Are you crying?"

"No lah.. just my nose..." I told him...

"Ok, if you cry you must tell me ok?" He said and he continued to put his arms around me and started to pat me like how my mother used to pat me when i was much younger.... this made me miss my mother lots and then I really started crying...

So in his bid to console me, he declared that he has made up a song about this... and it is called It Is Hard When You Have To Leave Your Family....

It is hard to leave your family
Especially if you going to another country
It is hard that you cannot see them
But it is okay
Because they will always be in your hearts even if you cannot see them
It is okay, oh yeah
It is not about whether you can see them
cos they are always in your heart

It is hard to leave your family
Especially if someone were to die while you are away
But even when people die
They will live forever in your hearts
And there will be new people added to your family
It is okay, oh yeah
Life will have new people in your family and even if people you love are dead
they are always in your heart

It is hard to leave your family
It is really hard but it is okay
Because no matter where you are
We are still a family...
Still a family...
they are always in your heart
they are always in your heart...

Wah lau, I tell you... I cried even harder when he sang the song lor... But i was also very much comforted when he did.. how did my son get so wise I really don't know.. wahahaha:)

And then he ended the song and declared that I have made his head very wet with my tears and giggled...

I thanked him very much for his song and said that even though it made me cry, it also made me feel much better and I told him he is a wonderful wonderful son...

Then Ace told me that he has been very happy these few weeks but he has a small probem.. he misses the family and friends in Singapore.. i so can see where this is going and explained to him that I told him about me feeling blue because i needed someone to talk to and his listening and comforting is very helpful to me already.. he does not really need to follow and take over my feelings. I will love him even if he chooses to be happy in Dubai with his friends.. and his being happy will make me happier.. if he also took over my emotions and emo like me, it doesnt really help me or feel any better at all...

"Ok then.." he answered and went on being his happy self...


Previous Post: Don't Make Fun Of Muslims And Their Islamic Religi...

No comments: