Tuesday, October 02, 2012

You Got Brain Or Not?

The other day, I was talking to Max before I walked into the room to read storybooks with Ace. So as I was walking, I was still finishing off my last sentence and we were talking about something funny (I also cannot remember wat it is but it involved something cuckoo I did and Max was laughing at me for doing it.) as i walked into the room.

Somehow, Ace got the impression that Max was laughing at me and being mean to me... so he very angrily told his dad, "Daddy, you got think of how hard mummy work to clean and cook or not? Huh??? You got brain or not??"

Me and Max stunned for a moment and then we laughed out loud cos it was just way too hilarious!:) I told Ace thank you very much for standing up for me BUT PLEASE dun be so rude cos cannot talk to daddy like this and ask if daddy got brain or not...

And then I turned to Max and say, "See lah, laugh at me lah... dun friend you liao.."

And my son immediately turned to me and pointed his finger at me and sternly said, "Mummy, we have to forgive even the people we don't like.." like he is the parent and I am the child!

That brought me and Max another round of laughter...

Anyway, I had to remind Ace again no matter what we say or do, it is between us and as a child, his job is just to love us.. not to help us or to correct us or save us:)

I have noticed that if me and Max get into any squabble of sorts.. even if it is a good natured one where we just suaning each other for fun, Ace will become very uncomfortable and unconsciously do something to try to pacify us or make us on good terms again. I guess it is in all children to want their parents to be on good terms as they don't want to lose either one of their parents.

So now, other than reminding him that whatever happens between me and his daddy, it is between us and he has to respect it and that all he can do is to love us, I also tell him that we love him no matter what and no matter what happens.. even if we quarrel, we will be his parents forever and love him forever no matter what.. that seems to ease his anxiety a little and put him in a good mood for a while cos I guess it makes him feel safe..

PS: I told Ace that next time when he play "Chin massage" with me (He has a massage game.. chin massage is he use his chin to massage our back.. bum massage means use his bum, etc), he has to be carefuly not to press hard on my back especially near my shoulder blades.. cos "Mummy trying for baby leh... what if mummy succesful? This is not good for baby, ok?" And Ace lowered his voice and asked me in a very san ba way.. "So, is the sperm inside already?" I was shocked for a moment at his question but managed to regain composure and replied, "Yes of cos, I told you we are trying right?" And then in a very very very sanba tone with his eyes wide opened in shock and a little bit of indignance, he said, "Oh, why you never tell me!?"

"Why should I tell you?" I asked him. Then I had to explain again to him that there are things between me and daddy that is between us only. Making baby is one of them.. cos it is considered something private. He has to learn to respect that.

"Ok, " and he happily went on to play elsewhere. Let's hope he finally GETS IT.

Previous Post: It's So Hard To Know Something


Previous Post: It's So Hard To Know Something

No comments: