Monday, October 01, 2012

It's So Hard To Know Something

The other day, in the middle of our usual bedtime chat, my son out of nowhere exclaimed, "It's sooooooooooo hard to know something, mummy.."

Not knowing what that was all about and where that came from, I asked for more details.

Turns out that he has been making the darts that Master Ai taught him to make... And because he is considered the origami expert in class, his friends are all clamoring for him to make a dart for them as well. So there is this long queue of people waiting for him to keep folding darts and he says he folded and folded "till my hands so pain lor.."

"Well, you could choose not to do that and maybe only fold for a few people only mah.." I suggested..

"No lah," he replied, "Life is hard but it is good.. I like to make people happy... and also, I don't want to hurt their feelings..."

Wahahahaahahaha... "Then dun complain and do it happily!" I told him. I explained that doing something for another person out of our heart will always make us happy. If we are doing for any other reason other than we really want to do it and really want to give, we will never feel happy doing something...

Oh well, I would rather he complain about this than always complaining that he has no friends, only to tell me who and who love to play with him the next day.  He would always sulk and say that no one likes him and no one wants to play with him one day.. and the next day he will say this person and that person insisted that he play with them.. when I asked him why did they insist, he will give me the "are you stupid or what?" sort of look and say very matter of factly, "Because they like me lah..."

Previous Post: Food Glorious Food!

No comments: