Friday, October 12, 2012

School Cock Up

This term, Ace's school bus does not fetch him hm from any after school activities so before we can make any other arrangements, it will be up to me or max to fetch him..

As Max could not make it to pick Ace up, I had to go and fetch him. Usually, this takes 2 hours.. an hour there and an hour back...  30 min of the time, I am either in the metro station waiting for the train or inside of the train... but the other 30 min, I will actually be walking under the bloody hot dubai sun without shade....

When I reached school, I discovered that my son did not go for his swimming, they actually sent him up on the school bus because they could not find his name on the swimming list but did not have the courtesy to CALL ME TO CHECK!

As the bus driver called Max, I did not know what is happening at all, for some reason, Max was bz and also din have time to give direct instructions and then inform me.. he kept asking me to call them but I never get the number... have to call him back again..

Finally, though, the bus driver did call Max and they said they will leave Ace with our neighbour

And so I quickly made my way home... since there are no cabs there, I walked out  and since i already walked out, i decided to take train lah.. anyway, I am sure ace will be well taken care of... I went on the train only to find tat I got on the wrong train and i had to change trains again...

At least I got a sauna cum wkout.. Should have at least lost 1 kg like that...

First thing my son said when i got home is "Why you so late.." Aiyoh, I already so cham and all he can say is why I so late when all tat happened to him is stay in aircon and play with his frens??? so I explained to him what happened and asked him for his side of the story..

According to him, he told the school nurse that he has swimming but she says he doesn't and put him on the bus. He asked if she could call his mummy and she said OK but she doesnt call me.. :(

Anyway, i wrote a long complaint in the SOS book and strangely, the book disappeared from Ace's bag and was gone for a full week.. I provided my contact details but no one bother to contact me.. only when I made some noise again at the end of the week that someone got back to me.. and then, after huge hoo ha.. in the end, Lao Niang have to like call the swimming instructor, email them, blah blah blah then we discovered that the money was in the accountant's office.. tsk tsk tsk... I must say this new year everyone really not on the ball in school..  Best part is, in the end, they told me that it is my fault I did not indicate where this envelope where I put the fees and forms in are suppose to go... I did indicate SWIMMING on it.. and it has been sitting in the school accounts for a week and no one bothered to open it since it is an anomaly?????

Good news is though, tat Ms Roberts, Ace's form teacher will be back next week.. a pity though cos Ace was just starting to like and thrive under his replacement teacher Mrs Simms:) hehehe...

I hope he will like and enjoy Ms Robert's lessons as much too:)

PS: At the time of publication, Ace informed me that Ms Roberts is not back yet but Mrs Simms is leaving so Mrs Seqiura, the former relief will take over:)

Previous Post: The Story Of The Putumayam and Other Singaporean F...

No comments: