Saturday, November 05, 2011

Jap Restaurant

We finally found a Jap restaurant near our place tat serves SEMI decent Jap food.. BUt leh, at a high cost lah...

We discovered it by chance when our fren WL brought us to a fruit shop to try an interesting dessert called Mango Cream:P
Here is the sushi that they served Ace. That's like $6.50 sing for just two pieces of sushi lor...


japanese salad.. I just love the jap salad sauce...

My udon noodles with soup.. unfortunately the jap chef was on leave tat day. So alot of things not avail. Like there was no inari.. and so they replaced my udon noodles inari with fried toufu.. but the taste of it was ok still i guess:)


We ordered this brinjal thing which turned out to be some deep fried brinjal thingy... is quite good if I may say.. just a little bit oily.. but hor, I am thinking maybe we just baked it instead might taste quiet good.. anyway, i twas just miso paste on top of the brinjal that was deep fried... I really hope to get my hands on some authentic miso paste here.. currently I am using the bean paste I find in Chinese supermarkets... but this bean paste is i guess only good for making soup as miso replacement.. can seem to do the other things as it does not have the nice after taste of miso paste... rather has a smelly smell of the beans....


But all the money you paid means got freebie lah.. we got this free dessert and a free cup of fruit punch:)

Max says must take photo like tat then look nice...

Anyway i am recently sort of "researching" on japanese cooking. I always loved watching the japanese variety show called 25 hours.. they always have those apparently fast and good receipes to make good food but they are always too fast for me to follow.. by end of the show, I can't even remember 10% of the steps...

So since I am free here in Dubai, I have been going online to find episodes and transcribing the receipes tat interest me... so far have about upteen receipes... tried out about four of them (dandelion fried rice with egg, bean sprout pizza, okara chocolate cake, ice cream french toast) and only the bean sprout pizza failed.. and it is mostly cos unlike the other reciepes, they did not show the full list of ingredietns and amounts to be used and I had to guess... the rest were simply delicious! I din have all the ingredients in my kitchen so I just replaced or never add... but they were still delicious:) I thank my japanese teachers in NUS...hahahaha.. thank god for them, the internet (cos i forgot most of the katagana characters I learnt and had to use an online chart for reference) and my best buddy, GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:) hahaha.. couldn't have done it without them.. cos the show was in jap.. with chinese subtitles but all the reciepes were still written out in japanese!

I am still wondering if i should posts these online since I think they have so many good ideas, I was wondering if anyone else is like me and keen to find out about the receipes and have proper records so that they could try them...

PS: I was inspired by the jap dish of brinjal tat i tried out this new fried brinjal receipe (top left hand corner of pic) and it worked! very yummy! yipee! Happiness.. one more dish to add to my daily meals...

Previous Post: Happy Halloween

No comments: