Friday, November 25, 2011

Jelly!

If you read this blog regularly, you know that Ace loves all things sweet... and other than things like sweets and ice cream, like most other children (my fren's daughter detests sweet things to the extent it is difficult to feed her sweet cough syrup), Ace loves jelly too...

Before we left for Dubai, Popo bought two packets of koniyaku jelly mix and passed it to us to bring to Dubai so that her favourite grandson will get to eat jelly even though he is far far away in Dubai..

But somehow or rather, we havent gotten around to making any jelly and whenever popo is on skype, she asks if we have made the jelly...

Since Ace had a one week term break, I decided that we will make jelly during his term break:)

We took out that rambutan can we bought many moons ago from an indonesian minimart and started making our jelly...

Ace was of course very excited but really... beyond helping to cut open the packet and stirring... he couldnt do very much...:) wahahahaha...

I only brought two racks of mould. So I had to improvise with my heart shaped ice cube holders and my lock lock container.. wahahaha...



And once the jelly is set and the pot has cooled down, it is time for Ace's favourite activity-- eating jelly off the pot and the ladle. I do think tat since this jelly is white in colour, it looks a little like he is eating mucus.. wahahahahah...


Every little last bit is NOT wasted.. wahahaha..

Anyway, surprisingly, it took us close to a week to finish the jelly we made.. partially because I rationed his jelly to him as I dun really want him to eat so much at one go.. so he gets 2-3 pieces everyday:)

I found some lychee cans while supermart shopping today.. now i know where to get the "ingredients" to make our next batch of jellies:) woohoo!:)

PS: Today, something very pleasant happened. I intended to make ABC soup since Max was not around and so brought Ace to the supermarket to buy a potato. While we were in the lift, my son stared at me with adoration and said, "You are very beautiful, mummy..." Wah.. made my day man...:) wahahahah...

Previous Post: Dubai Mall Again

No comments: