Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Number One Best Friend















While accompanying him for a our usual before sleep conversation, the topic came to BEST friends....

I asked Ace who is his best friend and he said that his best friend was Daddy... cos daddy plays wrestling with him lah... buy alot of things for him lah...

So I asked him.. since Daddy is his number one best friend, who is his number two best friend and he said Uncle Adam, Daddy's best friend in Dubai is his second best friend. Cos Uncle Adam plays with him and talks to him...

I asked him, "What about me??" And he said I am his third best friend...

And so I pretended to be sad and sad, "I am so sad lor... I do so many things for Ace.. clean his bum, pack his bag, make food for him and cook for him but I am not his best friend lor.."

"You are! You are number three!" He insisted..

I told him then that I play with him and talk to him too and I play and talk to him more often than Adam but he still insist that I am only number three...





But after thinking for about 3 minutes.. he said, "Ok lah, I changed my mind.. you are number two best friend.. Uncle Adam become number three and Daddy is still number one..."





And I told him he doesnt need to change to make me happy and then we left it at that...

The next night, I started to tease him again and told him how sad I was that I am number three... so he repeated that I am already number two what...

Anyway, I got tired of teasing him and so I just told him, "I was just teasing you lah. Actually it is ok whether mummy is number one or number two or number three.. no matter what number you give me, I will still love you... Ace is still my number bestest son..."

And love is such a funny thing... when it is unconditional, love is at its most powerful I think... At this point, he suddenly said, "Mummy, I think I change my mind.. I want you to be my number one best friend because you are a good mummy and you do so many things for me..."

And he has been consistently saying that I am his best friend since then:) hahahaha...





Anyway, I told him there is no need to label me and daddy as who is number one and two.. he just needs to know we are both his very best friends and that we love him no matter what...

Anyway, Max is nice as well. whenever I do something nice or cook something nice, he will ask Ace to give me a hug and remind him that his mummy is so clever and is such a good mummy... Hehehehe..

And I am blessed that Ace is most of the time appreciative of what you do for him. I noticed that when you do something for him like soothe his injured wound or what.. Ace remembers and he appreciates what you do for him not so much by saying thank you to you but by really doing things for you and saying nice words to you... not always immediately... sometimes the next day:)

Anyway, there are benefits of being Ace's best friend. I caught a cold (this time is serious and sick for few days type...) and I told Ace that I am not feeling very well and my little housekeeper got very bz... First he went to the bedroom to take out all the pillows to prop me up on my sofa.. and then he used my jacket and blanket to cover me and keep me warm.. and then he tries to get my VP and water for me to drink.... and then he gave me a big hug and ask me if I am okie...

Very sweet..:) I didn't really get better but I did feel so much better:)


Previous Post: A Lovely Weekend

No comments: