Friday, June 14, 2013

Ace's Arcade

You know how children always like to fiddle with things lah..  and especially so for Ace. He likes to tear things apart, make his own toys using lots of glue, paper, and whatever materials he can find. So he has always been pasting and putting things together. Empty boxes in the house will usually go to him and be transformed into one or two diff toy or structure before it goes to the bin..

So the other day when I came across this video on youtube about a little boy who made his own Arcarde, I knew Ace will love it!

Here is the video:



It is interesting to see how the imaginations of children take flight with just some boxes..

There is also a part 2 of the video...



I showed Ace both videos and he was really intrigued.. so he started to make his own arcade at home:)


Ace's Arcade.. very first game-- ball in the hoop!
He asked me to try it.. I won the first try... ball went into the hoop and I was awarded with a free fun pass that will give me 500 tries:) wahahahaaha






Ace has since made two games.. there is a bigger box game that I havent figured out how to play yet. Cos he made it for the neighbours to play.. He brought both games out and had all the children in our floor gather together to take turns and play :) They actually entertained themselves for a good hour with just these two games!

I sent the video to the school and suggested that they can perhaps use this as a fund raising idea next year. Dubai doesn't rain much anyway.. all the cardboard arcade games are DEFINITELY SAFE and it will be such a great learning experience for the children and they can learn so much!:)

Previous Post: Ace's 3F Assembly Performance As PSY

No comments: