Saturday, June 29, 2013

Year 6 Production

Ace came home the other day and said that Year 3s have been chosen as the back up singers for the Year 6 production.. and because it is optional.. Ace says he wants to take part.. and so I signed him up for it lor... But I did not know what is the production about...

And then a few days later, he came home and said that they have to practice the songs they are singing daily.. and so I asked him for the song so that I can load the youtube video for him to practice..

To my surprise, the songs are:
  • Tragedy by the BEE GEES
  • Bad Romance by Lady Gaga
  • Love Story by Taylor Swift
  • some lullaby written by his music teacher
So strange right.. why would a primary school production feature a song like TRAGEDY... and the lyrics go like this somemore...

"Here I lie
In a lost and lonely part of town
Held in time
In a world of tears I slowly drown
Goinhome
I just can't take it all alone
I really should be holding you
Holding you
Loving you loving you

Tragedy
When the feelings gone and you can't go on
Its tragedy
When the morning cries and you don't know why
Its hard to bear
With no-one to love you youre
Goin nowhere"

so very unsuitable for children lor!

And then when I went to watch the performance.. I finally understood why...
Apparently, all the three year 6 classes will do one play they have rewritten based on a story by William Shakespeare... One of the classes did Mac Beth.. so that is why they chose this song.. for it is a huge tragedy...

The love song by taylor swift was for the Midsummer Night's Dream... and as for lady gaga.. i think tat is just a time filler when they change sets between the first and second play :)



 Choir boy waiting for the play to start..

 The amazing Mr M who is talented both as a musician and a teacher too.. from wat i observed, he is one of the most popular teachers in school.. cos he is fun... and also of cos the whole school goes only to him for music lessons and so everyone knows him..



Captured a nice picture of Ms R, Ace's teacher :)




After the production ended, they actually had some sort of mini graduation ceremony... firstly, they showed pictures of all the chidlren who were with the school since kindergarten.. and they showed their little kid pictures and the children had to guess who is who...

And then they had a portion where a few children from each class were chosen to read out something about what they have learnt from Horizon School and what are their aspirations when they go into secondary school. I dunno why.. even though I am the parent of the Year 3s, I was really very very touched at this juncture.

I wondered if I will be able to let Ace complete his year 6 here in horizon before we leave to go back to Singapore. The chances of that happening, I am afraid to say.. is very high.. given tat all seems to be dependent on Max's career... But that will mean we will be here for at least another 3 years...:(

But it would be nice... Ace did not have a chance to properly graduate from his Kindergarten... I will be very happy if he gets a chance to properly graduate from primary school.. Plus i actually think it would be much better if he could complete his primary school education here as i still prefer the curriculum in an intl school compared to Singapore's pressure cooker system...

PS: On the last day of school, Ace decided to make a card for Ms R to thank her.



 I find it amusing always.. that whenever Ace writes cards, he will wish people good luck. Even more amusing to me is when I read him all the well wishes he received for his birthday, he dictated a message for me to type back to them and he actually wished them PEACE.. such a strange thing to say, coming from a child, right?

Previous Post: Ace's Results 



No comments: