Sunday, November 10, 2013

Culiniary Experiments!

 Usually when I am bored... I try to cook... it is therapeutic and a form of stress relieve for me...  THe other day, Max says that he wanted to eat kway chap...  but Ace says he dun like.. so I made the kway chup anyway and made rice for the things inside kway chup to go with his rice...

The eggs.. I was just experimenting.. becuase I read about this way to make a heart shaped egg on a website and trying it out. Not bad..  Maybe can use this idea again if I need to make nice food...

 I am on a mission to finish all the stuff I have in my cupboard...  and so I took out the mee suah packet that we bought and cooked it ;) Feels good to have mee suah again after so long...

 Very xian and dunno what to cook for Ace for his lunch.. and then decided to anyhow bake a prata pizza for him lah. I just half cooked the prata and then lay out Ace's fav ingredients on it and continue to "bake" in my happy call pan :) The end result is something so delish that Ace says he wants ONE MORE!:) (Sadly, I din even get to taste wat i made.. wahahha)


Made peanut century egg porridge. I think next time have to to start boiling earlier cos the peanuts still not soft enough up to my standard...

 I very buay kum wan that the first time I tried to make the sponge cake using my silicon mould.. they crumbled up... so I decided I will challenge it again. This time round, I did a little more research before I started and decided that I have to oil the silicon mould first.. as Adam bought Ace some good chocolates, I decided to chop them up and add them in as chocolate chips and they tasted heavenly!

 One of my friends did a video on the REAL SINGAPORE NOODLES...  which reflects my experience overseas... there is always this dish called SINGAPORE NOODLES and I even watched a chef teach people how to cook SINGAPORE STREET NOODLES but hor, I have never seen this dish my entire life in SIngapore! Hahhaha.. so leh, she taught pple how to make char bee hoon in her video.. and inspired, I decided to make char bee hoon for dinner that day :) Complete the the curry addition.. yums!


 Had some vietnamese wraps and did not know what to do with them. Finally bought the lettuce and bee hoon I needed and made the vietnamese wraps I wanted. Actually they are quite easy to make leh ;) I still have some left over. Maybe I should wrap char bee hoon in them and call them SINGAPORE WRAPS.. hahahahahaha

 Ace saw his fav cold noodles.. but in a instant pack and asked us to buy. So we bought lah.. is not bad leh.. is easy to cook and taste quite good too :)

 WHen I first arrived in Dubai, I bought this onigiri mould because I was thinking about making snacks for Ace in school. Somehow though, I never got around to using it.

Almost 2 and a half years later... I suddenly remembered that I had this mould.. Ok.. actually it was really because I wanted to make inari sushi and realized I ran out of inari skin.. and I also couldnt make my usual maki roll because I dun have all the ingredients... so with only rice and egg... and seaweed.. my only other option was to try my hand at making an onigiri...

It is surprisingly easy to make!:) I love it!  The first time I made it.. I made it with fried egg, mayo and some chilli ketchup..

 A friend commented that I should cut them up... so second time i made.. I made it with bah hu and mayo and I cut them up so my friends can see the cross section...


 As he was so pleased with his lasagna that he made when his dad was away.. Ace requested that we make it for dinner one of the days because his dad is back liao.. so we did :)


I dunno why I did not take pic of the finished product.. BUT well, I think it was a great success :) I watched Master Chef AUstralia and they did this greek version of this called the Musaka or something like tat using brinjals and potatoes as the layers. Cheese only added in the final top layer. I am keen to try.. but I think must wait till I clear some the things I have in the fridge first:)


Previous Post: Do the Right Thing At The Right Time

No comments: