Friday, November 15, 2013

Tiao Lang! JUMP!

About a year back, one of my friends who was a producer told me that he made a show about skipping as a competitive sport. I found it quite interesting but as I did not have any access to xinmsn catchup tv in Dubai and I couldnt find the show anywhere, I didn't get a chance to watch.

After our two month stint in Singapore, I noticed that Ace seemed to feel alot more comfortable in conversing in mandarin.. and so, to improve his mandarin and also to encourage him to finish his homework quickly, I told him that we can watch an episode of a chinese tv show together if he finishes his work on time.

I gave this idea some thought and in the end decided to search for this show again online. I figured since it featured Jeanette Aw, there is a good chance I can find it on youtube as she has very strong fans who seem to digitize everything about her and post it somewhere online...

I found it! And so we started our TIAO LANG viewing together.. initially I was a little afraid he may not be interested in the show but we were hooked! Hahahha...

Anyway, we managed to finish watching the whole series together and Ace really enjoyed it. He enjoyed it so much that he was really motivated to finish his work and find out what happened next.. during the weekends, he even wanted to watch more eps cos he said it is "So exciting.. I want to know what happens next!"

His favourite character is the male teacher.. my fav is OU Xuan's mum.. but too bad I cannot find out any info about her.. she is dam hilarious!

Anyway, after watching that, Ace got really inspired and bugged us to buy a skipping rope so that he can practice skipping! He aspires to skip like the kids in the show and do stunts with the skipping rope..

Since not very expensive.. we bought him a few dollar one that can even calculate how many times you skipped.

Once he reached home.. he was totally excited to start skipping!




When I saw him skipping.. I cannot stop laughing! It was just hilarious cos his feet and hands were everywhere.. I din take a video of it and here is my best attempt in describing what I saw in words!

Firstly... Ace had this "crazy cheeky" but also "I am trying so hard" look on his face.. and then when he moved the rope from the back forward.. and when the skipping rope touched the floor.. even before it moved under his feet, as soon as it is about to touch the floor about one feet in front of him.. he will try to walk/skip/jump forward.. (yes, he seemed to be doing all three at the same time)..

I tot he was trying to be funny.. and so I asked him.. he is trying to be funny.. and he looked at me seriously and said, "No.. that is how I skip.."

And then I explained to him that you are supposed to wait for the skipping rope to move just under your feet then you jump.. not chase the rope with your arms and legs flailing all directions! "Didn't you tell me that you learnt to skip in school?"

"Yes, we learnt!" he said.

"And no one corrected you?! And you were skipping like that and no one came forward to tell you how to do it right?!"

"Yeah, that is how I was skipping!"

FAINTZ! hahahaahahhaahhaha....

Thankfully.. after my feedback and guidance.. he is skipping much better now!:)

PS: Unfortunately, after that day.... he has NOT skipped even ONCE lor.. so much so for wanting to train his skipping to do stunts...

Previous Post: Thali Again!

No comments: