Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Two Persons Fighting Over Ace

Ace came home from school yesterday and told me that two people were fighting over him..

Nah, not girls lah.. please.. he is not that age yet.. even though when he is much older.. MAYBE... if he is not shy like his dad:) wahahahaha...

Apparently, two boys in his clique were fighting over him. R and C are in his "Laugh With Ace" club (they like to form clubs at this age and people who join are usually from their cliques) and there are like 4 people in the clique lah...

So apparently, he has been hanging out alot with C because R and been hanging out alot with L... And I think maybe it is cos Ace has affinity for Indians and C is indian while R and L are angmo/lebanese...  and also cos C is from Malaysia.. so Ace feels closer to him..

Anyway, R got upset and quarreled with C and complained that "You are always going with Ace..." to which C replied, "You are also always going with L too.."

I thought this might made Ace feel a little important.. hahahaha.. cos he is such a vain pot.. so I asked him how he feel about that..

He says he is sad that this happened and feels like this is his fault...

I think I underestimated him.. he is sooooooooooooooooo narcissistic he actually believes it is his fault! wahahahahahaha..

I explained to him that it is their quarrel not his and there is no need to feel at fault as long as he is good and kind to his friends.

Anyway, little boys are like tat lah.. quarrel today, tomorrow ok already.. hahahah :)

PS: A week later, Ace came home and told me that R and C were quarrelling with each other again and over a :"Yes it is" or "No it isnt" sort of issue about I also forget wat.... This time round, they both told Ace that if he continues to "friend" the other person, they will not friend him...  so he declare.. in that case, they will both not be his friends then. He told me he has decided he will spend the next play time playing alone as he longs for solitude too. But it was the weekend and i told him they might forget about their quarrel come sunday when school starts again...

I shared with Ace that when I was young, my friends did that to me too.. but my mum taught me not to choose sides. I told him he could tell them that the quarrel is between them and it is unfair that they want him to choose and shared that I just told my friends that I will continue to befriend both sides but if they did not want to friend me because of that, then too bad lah..  in time to come, I think my friends always leave me out of their quarrels because they know i wont take sides. But I think they also appreciated that I did not give up their friendship just because someone threatened me.

"No, I am very angry and upset at them. I don't want to be their friends.." Ace insisted."Aiyoh, it is their quarrel leh.. why you get involved and get upset..." I teased him.. and he got really upset and told me, "I a like that one.. I don't want to be their friends anymore!"

So seeing that he is in such a bad mood.. I just let it be lah..

Fast forward to Sunday.. Ace came home and announced very happily that they are all good friends again. Apparently, unlike what I predicted, R and C did not forget about the grudge. So Ace went up to them and told them, "Knock it off, you guys.... if you are going to continue to quarrel like that, then I am not going to be both your friends!"

Quite a different strategy as compared to mine... not exactly what I meant when I explained to him the concept of not choosing BUT nevertheless, it worked! They grudgingly patched up after that! Wahahahaaha...

Previous Post: Cooking Adventures In November

No comments: