Saturday, March 27, 2010

Curious Tots!




The other day, it was the last day of Ace's weeklong holiday and while watching TV, he saw that there was some carnival going on at Suntec called Curious Tots.. and so he said he wanted to go there.. I told him no and gave him an exegeratted "Oh No!!!!!" and he giggled and so it became just some game we played whenever he sees the advertisement or whenever he remembers and keeps chanting, "I want to go curious tots.. i want to go curious tots..."

Anyway, because Max was working that day (he was on leave on the other days), so I decided to ask Karen Ganma if she wanted to go out with me and Ace. She agreed and we decided to think about where to go on the actual day itself... so early in the morning, she called me and asked me if I have decided where to go and initially, we decided to go Orchard.. but midway in our conversation, Ace started saying, "I want to go curious tots.. i want to go curious tots..."

And so in the end, we decided to meet in Suntec instead.

Turned out that we reached Suntec early and so we started queuing up to play games and all that at the Curious Tots Carnival... Because Ace wanted to get a balloon sword, I queued for half an hour just to get the balloon man to make him a RED SWORD using balloons.

And then there was a game segment and Ace was actually chosen to go on stage to play games. My son was surprisingly not shy at all and while other people being interviewed, he was shaking and dancing by himself.. and he very loudly told pple his name, his age and that his ambition is to become a policeman.. hahahaha...

Anyway, his competition was that hte person who wins s the person who can say, "Oktooooooo" in obne breadthe the longest time... and Ace was the youngest contestant.. so I did not expect him to actually win it.. but he gave it a good shot and went, "Oktoooooooo..." for about 10 seconds and then he started to giggle and everyone there laughed together with him.. he just has this thing about uplifting people's spirits and the MC said that even though he did not win, that was a very good and very cute try...

He won himself a post it pad which he subsequently used like sticker and stuck paper all over my clothes and my bag... Ganma Karen arrived in time to take photos together and then we decided to go and have a quick bite.. we walked into Yakun and Ace immediately told me, "I want to eat Jelly Egg.." and so Ganma bought him what he wanted to eat.

Then we went shopping and then I realized that Ace thinks that this trip is all about him and what he wants to do. When he was in Carrefoure, he just wanted to be around the toys... and then after a while, he got tired and insisted that we bring him to Toys R US..

The best part is when he was in Toys R Us, he saw this nice sword while I was on the phone with Max and he just turned around to his ganma and asked her, "Do you want to buy this for me?"

Faintz lor... I did always tell him "ask and you will be given", I did not expect him to buay paiseh and just ask for things.. but his ganma really took his request seriously and said that the plastic sword is not safe for him.. so she found a foam one and bought that for him instead...

And this guy.. is roti prata one lor.. immediately after he gets his foam sword, the undid the balloon sword that I queued for half a hour for and told me that he undid it because that sword is NOT NICE AT ALL cos Ganma's sword is BETTER! And on our way to a farewell dinner party, Ace fell asleep in the car with the sword in between his arms and his feet... so precious is ganma's sword.. hahaha... When we reached, no matter what he said, he INSISTED that he wanted to bring the sword along with him to the party and insisted he has to have his sword because he was STAR WARS THE CLONE WARS...

Well, by the time he reached home, his red balloon sword was one long balloon and he turned it around here and there and said he is a balloon man. Alas, after like 5 minutes, the balloon finally had enough of his torture, punctured itself and let out all the air.. hahahaha...

I guess it was a fitting and wonderful ending to this long and fun day...

Previous Post: Image Consultant?

No comments: