Tuesday, June 01, 2010

I Am A Kiasu Parent!




Oh my god! I am a kiasu parent! I just went to popular and bought $30+ worth of assesement books for my 5 year old!

I bought books for english, math and chinese... and I bought K2 stuff and even Primary one stuff.. even one problem solving math assesment! Hahahahah....

My tuition teacher friend who went with me assures me it is ok... dun have to worry about being too kiasu cos a good foundation is important. If the child does not have a good foundation, they would struggle through their primary one...


Thank goodness, when my son saw me with that bag of books, he jumped up for joy and said, "Yeah, got so many homework!"

I told him if he did a little a day, he can finish them.. and asked him if he would like to get a small present for every book he finished or a big present for finishing all the books. "Big present... I like big presents..." he said.

He was so excited that that day, he broke record and did 20 pages worth of homework! And all done and coloured VERY NICELY LOR!

Anyway, my purpose is not really to push him.. but really just to expose him to higher level of work so that he is not caught by surprise during the transition to the next level... I remembered how, when asked to cut at age 2... he turned out to master it rather quickly and it has helped him in his motor skills such that he can write and colour very nicely:)

The next day, Ace was eating his breakfast and he seemed to be thinking about something. After a while, he told me very happily and excitedly, "Mummy, when we go to dubai, let's bring all the homework over.... and then I will do so much homework and then Daddy can buy me more presents! Yeah!"

Hahahaha... GOOD... now he will be happpy to do work when we go over to dubai.. cos that was part of what I had in mind too.. to bring some assesements for him to do when we are over there for a visit so that when Max is at work, we wun be bored.... :) I certainly dun want to do Tom and Jerry and swimming EVERYDAY:) hahahaha..

Previous Post: I Want To Be Lao Ban

No comments: