Friday, October 08, 2010

Marina Bay Sands Day 1 Pt 1


















Some time back, Inoticed that one of my friends is always going to MBS and she told me she has got some sort of membership there and she said if she is going again, she will bring me along to visit the SkyPark there... "You can also bring your son along and go swimming in the pool lah.."

And soon, we made arrangements to go visit the skypark together. I was initially two minds about bringing Ace because I feel I would enjoy it so much better without Ace around. But after thinking long and hard, I thought I would just try one more time to learn how to appreciate and enjoy spending time together with my son and decided to let Ace skip school for one day and bring him swimming in the room..

Just when I was packing to go over, I recieved a piece of good news that my friend was not free to utilize the room and since she already booked it, she asked if I wanted to stay overnight with Ace.. Ace jumped at the chance and said, "Yes, Yes, Yes!" when I asked him.

So leh, we took the MRT to Promenade station.. thinking that we would be able to walk there but alas, due to F1, the roads were closed and we were asked to go back to the station, take a train to dohby ghaut and then change to another train going towards Marina Bay station... and afterward, had to walk a good 20 minutes before we reached the hotel..

But leh, somehow both me and Ace were in a good mood and in the end, the long walk meant we had alot of chance to do all those sort of touristy things like take pics of the beautiful scenery around us:) hahaha... Now that Ace is 5, he could also help me take pictures:) When we walked past the Ferrari store, we also took some pics.. the place was huge and there were so many nice shops around.. alas, it was a tad boring for someone who was there to spend time with her kid since it was definitely not family oriented...

When we finally reached the hotel after a long walk, we were so pleasantly surprised to find the room to be such a beautiful room! It was much better than Hard Rock Hotel lor:) Hahaha... and it even had a bath tub.. and the most amazing thing is that the very generous and thoughtful Belinda actually bought some puffs, two egg tarts, a packet of kit kat for us to eat...

Because the sun seemed very hot, I told Ace that we will take a rest in the room first and we settled down to watch Channel 8 since we couldnt find Ace's favourite OKTO channel.. finally when the sky looked not so bright, I thought it is really silly to do the same things we would do at home and so we decided to go swimming!

Alas, when we reached the pool, we were told it is closed because there were too many black clouds and there is possibility of lightning...So we ended up just taking pictures... till Ace discovered that there are some people in the Jacuzzi pool.. but not long after we sat there, it started to rain really heavily and so we had to go back to our room...

But it was still too early to go for dinner.. so what do we do in a boring hotel room with no toys?????

Tell you in the next post:)

Previous Post: Cake Decorating With Annie Jie jie

No comments: