Monday, October 11, 2010

Marina Bay Sands Day 2



































Day 2, Ace woke up bright and early and because we only had biscuits left, he did not really enjoy breakfast and said he was full after only eating ONE digestive biscuit..

Then we made our way to the pool and had alot of fun... While we were at the pool, Ace asked me if we could go take a bubble bath again... so i agreed..

We went back to our room, took a bubble bath and packed up to go home...

After I checked out, Ace folded his arms, stamped his feet and had his lips pursed... he looked like he was ready to cry and when i asked him what is it... he started to rub his eyes and cry.. "I want to stay here..." So I told him we can always come here and stay another day... and he finlly quieten down..

Alas, the way home was filled with many challenges..

After we checked out, it started to rain very heavily... and so I we couldn't leave MBS at all.. I decided to look around for a place to lunch.. Alas, MBS is just filled with Atas shops and atas restaurants. The only place that seemed like there is normal food is Coffee Bean but my son says he doesnt want to eat spaghetti..

After walking around for half an hour, I finally found this little shop tat is like a mini canteen for the staff there. Alas they only sell malay food, cakes, drinks and chap cai beng... so there is no food for my son as well... By then, Ace already decided that he wanted to eat chicken rice and said he onlywants to eat chicken rice..

I told him that there is no chicken rice there and he said, "It's ok, I can wait for the rain to stop and we go back to Bedok to eat at Yi Xing.." And so I bought him a cup of milo and a cup of Chocolate Mousse and so we waited....

We waited and waited and waited.. Ace got tired and came to lie down on my lap...and then he decided not to sleep.. he started to tell me stories, draw... and finally after about an hour, the rain stopped... and we quickly made our way to the MRT station..

Alas when our MRT finally neared Bedok, it started to rain... so I had half a mind to go home. But Ace still insisted that he wanted to eat chicken rice.. and I did not want to disappoint him after the long wait.. so I told him to use his swimming board to cover his head and we will make a dash in the light drizzle and then we will just follow the shelter and take a longer walk to Yi Xing vegeterian stall...I guess we could still make a dash in the drizzle...

But when we reached the NTUC coffeeshop, my son suddenly said that his tummy was aching.. and so I told him if that is the case, we had to go home so that he can poo.. but he still insisted he wanted to eat chicken rice.. this very resourceful mummy suddenly had a brilliant idea and told him we will go Mac Donald to poop...

Unfortunately, Ace was slightly constipated and took a long time to poop... when we finally came out from the toilet, it was raining heavily again and so I told Ace we had to wait in Mac Donalds. But I was thinking, we can't be waiting forever and after 5 min, I decided to just make a dash for it and use the swimming board as the umbrella..

But alas, when we finally reached the vegeterian stall, it was already 3.10pm (we actually checked out at 12 noon lor) and the chef already went home to rest... so we had to order the leftover food... and only two dishes were not spicy... namely the fried green veg and toufu fried with beancurd.. at the suggestion of the stall owner, we added some vegeterian goose and even though Ace was disappointed that he did not get to eat the vegeterian chicken rice, he was too hungry and ate his lunch quickly...

Previous Post: Marina Bay Sands Day 1 Pt 2

No comments: