Friday, August 24, 2012

Hong Kong Trip Day 5: Egg Tarts!

We actually had a two day pass and could choose to go to disneyland in the morning.. But since there is nothing left for us to do there except the rides.. which Ace does not want to do.. we decided we will sleep in late and go to the pool ;)


Main entrance into the pool.. a water curtain.. must get wet before you go in! wahahaha.. But take comfort if you are not going to swim, just go by the side gate:)


After two mths of NOT SWIMMING, Ace seems to have sort of moved backwards in the area of swimming.. he lots the confidence he gained in water and I think Mrs Myers, his teacher is so going to scold me for not enrolling him in lessons during those two mths even though she told us to do so..



Hey look, there is a slide there..

So Max encouraged Ace to go try to come down the slide..


Wheee......






Ace crying cos Max tested his swimming and he couldnt take swimming for so long.. hai...











After our swim, we went back to our room and packed and then waited FOREVER for the bus to come pick us to the airport.. All the extra bread I bought came in handy and it became Ace's breakfast...

While waiting, camwhore a little bit more at the disney shop:)

I tried to find a shirt to buy but cannot find anything nice.. the interesting thing is I finally bought a disney minnie mouse shirt... only when I went back to Singapore..:)

Since no fate to eat in the mickey mouse cafe, just take pictures lor:)



Ace showing off some kungfu stunts in his kungfu shirt:)


And since nothing to do, what does my son do? He takes out my ipad and clicks on to baby looney tunes.. his fav online cartoon... he learnt so many strange phrases from watching tat lor..

One time we were at the MRT station and his card did not read properly at the gates... it only read properly the second time he tried and after the gate opened, he walked through it, turned around and posed and said, "I am so done with you!" Wahahaha.. I asked him after ward if he knew what that meant but he actually doesnt! wahahaha.. hilarious.. And then he also learnt things like what it means to BLUSH...

More camwhoring along the way..




The hotel lobby has a tv and Ace decided to sit there and wait for the bus and catch up on some hilarious disney cartoons..


Finally we got picked up and went to the hotel...

We realized by the time we reached the hotel that we havent had the famous HK eggtarts! Thank god there is  a restaurant in the foodcourt area tat sells egg tarts. Max bought 16 of them and after we went to the very very sad Dynasty lounge (really nothing much to eat there) as per our fav hobby of going into air port lounges to eat instant cup noodles, we decided to take out the egg tarts to eat...

They were so yummy, Max decided to head back to buy MORE to bring back to Singapore! I must say they tasted best when they are HOT and fresh from the oven!:)

On a side note, a very cuckoo person saw the sign that said, "Vegetable meat bun" and thought it to mean VEGETERIAN MEAT BUN.. so he took a few and gave his son (who is vegeterian and admonishes anyone who eats any of his animal kingdom friends) to eat. Alas, by the time I saw the sign and figured out what happened, Ace already ate half the bun and declared it "Very yummy!" wahahahaha..

I told him not to eat it anymore as it "might" have meat.. I thought I would spare him the guilt that he has done something he thinks is wrong but he kept asking me why he cannot eat and if there is meat.. and so I had to tell him the truth tat his dad made a big boo boo on this one and that there is pork inside the bun... he eeee aww eee aww a while and was happy when we quickly made him a vegeterian cup noodle as replacement.. PHEW...

Perhaps I was too tired or perhaps all the queueing up at the various places of interest made it very xian.. I was actually sort of glad to leave HK and go back to Singapore and I was thinking the next time I go HK, we will do wat we are supposed to do in HK.. buy and eat, buy and eat.. instead of going to wat theme park.. hahahah.. But as I typed and posted all these pics.. I look back and think.. Actually, it is not a bad trip lah.. I did enjoy myself on most accounts and I think so did Ace:)

Now tat we know we like to see animals most.. perhaps our next holiday would be to australia for a farm stay:) Hmm... I went to one farm stay when I was about 20 years old and had so much fun I thought to myself that in future when I had children, I would want to bring him to the farmstay too:) Keep my fingers crossed:)

Previous Post: Hong Kong Trip Day 4.2: HK Disneyland Again

No comments: