Sunday, August 26, 2012

North South East West, Home Is The Best

No trip home is ever complete without having food on our agendas:)

This time round, Max did not totally go crazy and we did not go many places cos in Max's words.. "Don't have stomach for so much food..."

We ate at Yuan Xiang twice, Miao Xiang once and we decided we have to pay visit to at least one of our fav veg restaurants  and since we missed it the last time round, we decided to go North South East West Fushion Vegeterian Restaurant...

But before go eat must exercise lah.. Father and son working their abs and perhaps burning some energy so tat they can make some space in tummy to eat more:) wahahahaha


All ready to go and coincidentally, we were all wearing grey shirts.. my sister commented tat standing together, we formed a message that says, "Love beer garden nuts.." Wahahahaha

As we had no car this time round, we took a bus ;) Father and son trying to be funny on the bus...




Just so we could work out more, we actually went to parkway parade first.. but we found it to be really boring with nothing to buy and nothing to see... so we took another bus to NSEW lor...

For many years, I have been doing lots of training and studying human behaviors... when we first decided to go vegeterian, we found tat not everyone eased into it easy... and the reason is because most people have very strong associations to certain foods.. Eg, one of my friends has strong association to CHICKEN DRUMSTICK.. reason because his grandma always gave him one at the family dinner and it made him feel like a winner...

I have some pleasant associations too... like KFC.. cos I remembered it as our first big meal my family had together in a restaurant.. so now tat I am no longer vegetarian.. every once in a while I will feel a craving for KFC because I unconsciously want to create the feeling of being with my family (as in with my dad and mum and sis) while I am here in Dubai...

In my two months in Singapore, I was mostly a meatarian when when go out with my friends. Unless I am going with people who are vegeterians or unless they used to be vegeterian like me and dun mind veg food. we would eat vegeterian food in a vegeterian restaurant...

Maybe it is because I havent been to NSEW for a long time.. the moment our food came on the table.... happiness resonated within me... hahaha.. it is then that I realized tat vegeterian food has also created many happy associations of being happy with Max and Ace as a family...

This time round in NSEW, we did not try anything new but just ordered all our old favourites like "present"( dong po rou), stewed beef, herbal mee sua...beef noodles (cos Max forgot to cancel the order so we ate tat any way... deep fried NIU BANG and chicken rice...



Super happy lor.. we shouldnt have ordered so much or eaten so much but wat the hell, we ate it anyway!:) hhahahahahaah

The owner of the restaurant, Stephanie was happy to see us too... the moment we walked into NSEW, she called out to Ace from afar cos she really likes him since Ace always goes there to eat and sing and dance for her at the same time:) wahahahaha

Stephanie even gave us some laksa and curry packs as gifts to bring back to Dubai... ah, we are so loved:)

Reminds me of the saying... North, South, East West, Home is always always still the best!

North South East West Vegetarian Cuisine
Location:
200 Tanjong Katong Road
Contact: 81000049
Opening Hours: 11am – 10pm (Closed Mondays)

 Previous Post: Ace The Camwhore

No comments: