Friday, August 10, 2012

Kara Forever OK!

One of the things that is on my list for my Singapore Vacation would be to sing karaoke.. Even before I came back to Singapore, I already made appointments with my sister and a friend to sing K when I am back:)

I first went with my friend, Rebecca without Ace... I did not tell him that we were meeting or that I was going to Karaoke.. and anyway, I think after so many camps, he was pretty happy to be resting at home..

As Ah Yee has not been K-ing for a long time, we also made arrangements to sing K on her day off.. since we were only singing in the afternoon, I thought I would bring Ace to the Children's Garden at Singapore Art Museum as we did not have a chance to go explore the displays in detail the previous time we went.... Afterward, we went to have lunch with my friends who were working in the area and then I told Ace that I had to go back to meet up with Ah Yee already..

Ace kept whining and saying that: a) he wants to go karaoke with me and why we cannot bring him; b) he wants to go back to SAM fora  little while more...

In the end, we came to an agreement that if i brought him back to SAM for a little while more, he would go home in peace...


But hor, right after we went onto the MRT, he started his "Why i cannot come together wtih you? But I want to sing with you and Ah Yee... last time I sing in dubai dun have many of the songs I sing... I want to sing Karaoke.. I like to sing... If I dont have any song to sing, I can dance..."

And even though usually, it is very difficult to ask Ace to take money out of his bank to do ANYTHING, when I said in that case he has to pay for his own karaoke himself and has to pay me $20 for it, he actually said, "OK!" without blinking his eye.... which is a huge contrast to how Ah Yee had to badger him for days to take $10 from his bank to buy food for the family to eat... As an extra measure, he asked me, "You remember to take from my bank okie?"

Since he was sooooo KEEN to go, and also cos we were already running very late, I decided to bring him along....

Alas, we were given a super small room and so there wasnt much place for Ace to dance:)

He was initially very excited and playing the percussions along with us..


Ace did finally find some songs to sing..  Alas, there were only a few songs he could sing:
  • Why by Annie Lennox
  • Mr Sandman
  • All You Need Is Love
  • Yesterday
  • Puff The Magic Dragon
Ah Yee asked me why my son so young sing all old people song.. hahaha..

Anyway, we selected the songs and over the next three hours, we would put his song forward for him to sing.






But when he was not singing, he was very bored...  I told him he chose to come here so he cannot complain...

Initially, he was still happy to self entertain by reading the brochures we got from SAM...

After a while, he got bored of that and started playing with the machine... trying to write words and find non existent songs.

That is Ace trying to find and see if there is any songs sung by someone sharing the same name as him.. wahahah:)

Anyway, he was happy only for a short while when he got to sing...

Once he got bored, he started to create trouble and after some scolding from me, he started to throw a tantrum.. going out of the room... sulking in a corner...

Hai... what to do?? As in the past, I noticed that whenever Ace does not get to see his dad for prolonged periods.. after about a month, he will start to always throw tantrums and after two months, he will start to have meltdowns in the night...

Since august started, I have noticed that he has been very whiny... over the smallest things he will cry or whine... even my in laws noticed that he has been crying...  it is as if there is some unknown emotion tat Ace cannot handle and the only way he can deal with it is cry...

There was one day tat he even went into the room and cried for a good 10 minutes... afterward when I asked him why he was crying, he said he also did not know.. he just felt like crying.. But I dun care lah, crying it out and "burning" the emotion away is better than keeping it in our heart and tormenting ourselves.. On my part I just try to give him more hugs like he requested and leave the rest to him to resolve...

Previous Post: True Blue Singaporean

No comments: