Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Keeping Ace Busy!

I was going to meet up with one my friends the other day and asked Ace if he wanted to go...

The condition, if he wanted to go, was that he would have to do this math test inside his math assessment book without any help from me:) Ace agreed and on our way we went:)


That is Ace who insisted on sitting right at the back of the bus because there was a seeat belt there!:) wahahahah....

So while we chatted happily, Ace started his test... Ah Yee, who was also at the gathering, told Ace that if he passed the test, she would buy him a cake:)

Ace was a little whiny as he was in a not so good mood after not seeing his dad in person for more than 4 weeks (that is his treshhold) and so when he came across some sums he could not do, he threw himself into a fit right there and then...

It was sort of embarrassing for me but then I felt it was something Ace had to learn to cope with.. I told him that throwing tantrums doesnt help him do his sums.. he will only get more upset and end up not being able to do them right at all...

Ace was beyond reason and continued to throw a tantrum.. so i asked him if he also did tat if he came across a challenge in school... "I am going to ask Miss O'Donnell when I go back to Dubai.." I told him...

Anyway, he finally did get past his tantrum and scored 89/100 due to mostly careless mistakes... so I told him he needs to check his answers one more time if he has got extra time during tests... Will be a few chapters more before I can get him to do another test.. wahahaha:)

I think I shall let him have more test practices.. since his dubai school only has short quizes and he doesnt seem to have gotten used to exams and tests yet...

Anyway, he got his reward of cake and drinks and was in a good mood again:)

When he came home, he was in such a good mood he decided to make himself lego handcuffs that had super powers or something like tat.. hahaha...

Thank god that as it got closer to the date that his dad is coming, his mood started to improve as well... Really dun like the whiny and everything also cry Ace... happy to see his normal self again:)

Previous Post: Hippy Ace

No comments: