Thursday, December 20, 2012

BFF Quarrel

The other day, Ace came home and told me that he quarreled with his BFF. 

Apparently, one of the classmates, J, got invited to a birthday party together with Ace's current bff, Z. (I use the word "current" because everyday or every few days, he comes home and states a different person as his bff)

For some unknown reason, Z was cheesed off with J because J, in his urgency to go to the loo forgot to close the door and so everyone saw his underpants and his little willy. And so, Z announced that he doesnt like J and doesnt want to be friends with him because of that.

But J is a jolly fellow who likes to clown around.. and so, he is on pretty good terms with our self declared class clown.

According to Ace, this is what happened...

"Z asked me why i am friends with J even though i know he doesnt like J. I asked him why I cannot be friends with J and he said I shouldn't be friends with him because i am his friend and he doesnt like him. But i think I can be friends with anyone I like. And he said, "Why don't you understand me?""

And here's the highlight of the whole conversation...

Ace continued.. "So I tu him lor.. "If you say that, it means you also don't understand me!""

Wahahahahaha.. and so they never talk to each other for the rest of the day!:)

Hilarious!

PS: Reminds me of what happened to me when i was in primary school. My mum taught me never to take sides. She always said that if someone else is quarrelling and do not want to "friend" each other, that is between them and I not need to unfriend the other person just because I am friends with the person they quarrelled with. So I was famous in my class for not taking sides.. if people came to me and said, "I don't like XX, if you friend her then I won't friend you..." I just listen and play with both anyway.. after a while, everyone realized I couldnt be bought or bribed or threatened into friending or unfriending anyone and they will always leave me out of their spat:) I am glad I have a chance to teach my son this lesson too. After all, whenever two people get into a fight, it is THEIR fight. Really as a third party, the only thing we can do is send love that they will resolve it. :)

Previous Post: Rugby Tryouts

No comments: