Sunday, December 23, 2012

Ironing Is Tough!

Baking his own cake gave Ace the confidence to do some other things on his own... one of which is to iron his own clothes. He has already ironing his own tshirts when we go out (but god, he takes like 20 minutes to iron ONE T SHIRT and he says it is because he is beginner.. i tell him next time must get ready early.. cos if not whole world wait for him.. sometimes with hungry stomach.. not pleasant..)


He has also started ironing his PE clothes and has been bugging me to teach him how to iron his school shirts... Mr Hao Lian asked me when i started ironing my own clothes and I think I started when I was 9 or 10 and since then ironed my own uniform every weekend. So Mr Hao Lian say he is better cos he started at 7 years old...

The other day, I finally have time to teach him how to iron his shirt lor...

Ask him spray water on the collar, our good friend do gun fight with the shirt...







He took something like 20 minutes to iron this shirt and I usually take 2 minutes. It will be a while before I let him iron his own shirt cos if not, sure late for school! Hahahaha.. or maybe I should weekend ask him stand there and iron all one shot!:) Muahahahahaha...

But not bad for a beginner lah.. well done, Ace:) I wonder if he went to school and boast that he ironed his own shirt that day..

I asked him how he felt about ironing his own clothes... "Ironing is tough! Ironing is hard work!" was what he gained from the session. Despite declaring that it is hard work, when i asked if he would still want to iron his own clothes, without missing a beat, he nodded and gave a resounding affirmative "Yes!" I think he finds it very shiok to be "independent"...

PS: Ace says he told some of his friends and they are all impressed as they have never ironed their clothes before.. hehehe.. I am quite surprised because I tot ang moh parents promote independence and would teach these skills even earlier than we do...

Previous Post: Winter Is Here!

No comments: