Monday, December 24, 2012

Movies Under The Stars

 I have a picture of the last time me and Max attended Movies Under The Stars in Singapore at Fort Canning. In the picture, taken almost 10 years ago, we were both super slim and young!:) Ace was not born yet.. heck, we weren't even married yet!

When I discovered that one of the shopping malls had Movies Under The Stars weekly, I decided that we have to go there and see see look look.. perhaps to capture the magic of our movies under the stars in the past:)

 Alas, when I looked through the movie list, I realized that most of the movies I have already seen.. turned out that on 23 Dec, they were showing Jack Frost. Something I have not watched before and since it was also sort of christmassy... we thought it would be a good idea to watch the movie:)

I went online and did some research and someone said they offered beanbags and that we should go early if we wanted a beanbag.. the movies started at 8.30 and so I thought reaching at 7.30 should be suffeciently early...  in the end, we sort of miscalculated the time and reached there at 7.15pm... we realized though that the crowd only starts to come in at 7.45 or so and so i think the next time we go, we wun go so early:)

 Somehow the place felt very damp..  the beanbag felt sort of damp but well, just lie down lah.. the picnic mat I brought became my pillow:)

 Ace lying down and feeling bored at the start...  that was until  he discovered his "playground"!

 Max leh, was still busy working on the phone.. sigh...

 That is the screen.. we were seated first row and so we had a good view...


 All the bean bags behind us...

 On the side of the garden where they held this event was a series of rocks.. they acted as landscaping for the hotel that is right next to this building and if you jump down, you will jump right into the shower area by the pool of the hotel..

Ace made a new friend and went "rock climbing" in darkness! I was a little worried and went to take a look.. the ledge was quite wide and not as dangerous as I thought but I reminded Ace to take care of himself and told him that climbing all the way to the top (which was one storey high) was off limits....


 I needn't have worried.. mr kiasee not so adventurous:)

 But leh, he got really annoyed with this group of french boys who kept scolding him with the F word and climbing up very high. Actually hor, it happened because he is so righteous.... the french boys climbed up to the one storey high place which I said is off limits because I told him it is dangerous.. and so, my son took it to mean it is applicable for ALL people and told them to "Come down, it is dangerous.. don't climb so high.." and the french boys got annoyed and told him "Fuck you!" And that made Ace really mad....

He and this other new friend he made called Jason chased after the french boys and Ace will get all riled up and upset whenever the french boys walk past because he will complain tat they are trying to annoy him! Wahahahahaa.. I think he himself want to be annoyed lor:)

 They even had small tables for us to put food and waiters coming to ask us what we wanted to order:) But the tortila chips got soggy really fast as the place was damp...


 Ace and Jason...

After a while, Jason was told by his parents not to run around and so he stopped running around.. but Ace was still all riled up by the french boys.. "Come on, man, let's do some rock climbing man!" he exclaimed.. I got a shock lor! I din think he was so hip hop and so aggressive...

And then our good son is very good lor... he go and tell anyone who will listen tat the bad boys scolded him fuck.. I wonder if he realize tat everytime he tells the story, he himself will say the word he so think is "bad"....

Somemore, he kept going to Jason's mother to ask for more food.. wah lau eh. I gave him a prep talk afterward and say he is not talk about the french boys anymore.. plus he is not to go ask Jason's mother for more food. It is ok to accept if people offer but canot buay paiseh keep asking for more.. must think what can he also share with Jason and thank god we brought two packets of chocolate milk and so I asked him to give one to Jason:)

 After that, Max went to toilet and Ace was runnign around. I suddenly felt a furry presence beside me. turned out this white cat was walking around.. scared the living daylights out of me man!

 After we were done with the movie, we walked over to Santa's Grotto to take a look since Wafi always has very good christmas decorations:)

 The lovely big tree... and Santa's house:)

 Oops.. Santa needs to lose weight.. if not, cannot fit into the chimmney:)















 Ace says next year he will save up money and come to the santa here instead of the cheapo one in Lamcy.. i told him his Lamcy Santa gave him a much nicer toy than the ones they are giving out at wafi this year...

After that, Max says he has a craving.. Ace also had a craving and we ended up in NOODLE BOWL for supper!

 And that is Ace's craving.. soy peanut milk..

 My craving.. HOR FUN!:)

 Max's craving.. Mee siam:)

 And cai tow kway ;)



All in all, it was a great outing lah.. seems like christmas is not as boring as i thought it will be...

Previous Post: Ironing Is Tough!

No comments: