Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Detention Again!

Ace kenna detention again... less playtime for him..

And this time.. in his words, "I got detention for bad sportsmanship..."

So I asked him what happened.. Turns out that they were learning how to throw the shot put and while most people threw the ball abotu 10 meters away, one girl in Ace's class threw only 2 meters and Ace said "Boo!" to her...

Because Ace said BOO, R also followed suit and did that.

And so, they both got detention for bad sportsmanship. R tried to wriggle out of that one by saying that he only did it because he was trying to follow Ace. But the teacher didn't take excuses like this.. teacher asked him, "If Ace asked you to jump out of a building, would you follow?" "No.." And so it was settled...

I find it strange though that Ace did that. Usually he is quite empathetic towards people and so i asked him why he did that. He said he didn't know and he just wasn't thinking when he said that. 

Well, I didn't scold him as I could tell he really learnt his lesson. I just asked him if he learnt his lesson and asked him how he would feel if other people booed him.. then I asked if he apologized to the girl and he said he did.

I reminded him about what he told me the other day.. that he did not feel good when one of his friends said "Ace will never make it to the school swim team.." so I told him that was probably how the girl felt.

And since we are on the topic of the swim team, I also explained to him how sometimes people will say things like that without thinking.. like what he did.. but we shouldnt take it to heart. We shouldnt let what other tell us be what we think. The important thing is not whether his friend thinks he can make it to the school swim team.. the important thing is he knows if he wants to.. if he wants, he will have to go for more swimming lessons and work on his swimming and work towards it as a goal... and he will surely achieve it.

But of course if he doesn't  want to, then it doesnt matter what his friend says too:)

Previous Post: Got Friend From Far Come 2013

No comments: