Saturday, January 26, 2013

Humpty Dumpty Had A Great Fall

I was shopping somewhere near my place and usually, before the school bus arrives, the bus driver will give me a ring. But the place I was in was playing music and so I did not hear the phone ringing. By the time I heard my alarm ring, the bus had already given me 3 missed calls...

So I ran all the way home...

Then I saw the bus and slowed down into a walk.. but the bus driver did not see me and Ace did not start getting off the bus. So I started to run again and as I started to run, I tripped over something in my flip flops and dropped all fours on the floor!

As a result, I scrapped my left knee, right knee, right thumb, left pinkie, left wrist and the worst impact was on my left elbow. Even my handphone cover was not spared.. and thank god for it for if not I think I would have kenna worse...

When I was falling, I felt time sort of slow down and I thought, "SHIT MAN!" but in the real world, there was nothing I could do to stop my descend onto the floor.

Ace said that he, his classmate, the bus aunty and the bus driver all saw me fall... wahahaha.. so embarassing.. and immediately, my son started to become the "concerned parent"..

"Aiyoh, let me see.. let me see... and he took a good look at all my injuries.. Aiyoh, here is bleeding badly already..."

And then the moment we reached home, he took off his shoes and went to take a medication we have at home for itchy skin.. "Mummy, can we apply this on your wounds?" He asked me.. I told him that is not really suitable for my wound.. and then I told him I had headache about what to make him for lunch now since my hands and feet are in pain..

"It's ok, I will make my own lunch..." And he started shifting the pots and pans.. preparing to make mee hoon kway for lunch... I told him i can still cut and cook.. just cannot wash.. if he can help me with washing, I will make him some instant noodles..

So Ace helped me wash the veggies while I tried to cut and cook with one hand.

Well, at the very least, the heavens is kind.. I only one hand more serious.. the other hand still ok.. just cannot wash cos is open wound... and only one leg more serious.. the other little bit only still can bend and all that...

I posted the picture of FB and found out so many people care:) wahahahaha.. thank you all for your blessings and love.. then because my hubby no response, I sent to him via whatsapp lor:) And max called back to ask me how I was.. but he told me fall down no big deal so I dun have to act pityful to him... when I hung up the phone.. Ace kept asking if daddy was concerned about my injury and I repeated what his dad said.. and he was rather indignant that his dad "did not care".. so I explain his dad cared enough to call and probably said that because he knew I was ok and all right because he heard me joking and all that...

Ace told me that when I bath the next day, sure hurt like hell one... And I said to him.. "Yeah lah yeah lah, you expert lah.." "Yeah, I am expert because I always kenna..  you everytime say ask me to bear with it when i bath.. so you also bear with it when you bath.. OK?"

I told him it is quite different this time.. usually he only injures one part of his body.. wrap plastic bag or wat ok already.. today I injured so many parts it is virtually impossible to wrap plastic bag over so many parts...

First night was a nightmare cos the elbow hurt like hell and even felt as if my bones were aching...

Now is day 3 and I can wash things for 5 minutes without feeling any pain... any longer though water soaks through the scabs or wat I am not sure and the pain comes back.. my arm can bend and be straight and other than very quick actions, it is most of the time NOT in pain... knees are healing ok and back to normal liao.. just blue black a little... oh well, da ji li shi... New year coming so new good luck.. huat ah! Maybe I had the fall to avert some worse disaster.. I still believe I am a lucky girl!:)

Previous Post: Our LIttle Drummer Boy

No comments: