Thursday, January 03, 2013

New Food Discoveries!

Made some new food discoveries this month!:)

The other day, Ace kept bugging me to make short bread.. I looked through various receipes online and decided to stick to this one which was being described as a "melt in your mouth" reciepe...


Baking in progress...

True enough.. really melt in your mouth lor.. dam nice:) But very fragile..



Ace was sooooooooooooooooo happy to eat it:)

Then, one of our friends came with her family to visit Dubai.. even though it meant we did not have much time to spend together, we still met up for breakfast and she bought for me chai sim in a bottle! Ace was so happy to have this with porridge!!!:) Following the porridge that we ate in Suntour restaurant, I made something similar.. only with whatever I had in my fridge instead:)


Also, we discovered a new indonesian restaurant near our house! Walking distance somemore.. actually hor, the restaurant is not new.. it is just new to us...






While searching for the restuarant, came across a strange shop tat sold all sorts of sports knick knacks like taekwando uniforms and stuff and it also had a poster that seems to sell something VERY INTERESTING... BRUCE LEE BUST COLLECTION!


I wonder what it is lor.. No display within the show though...

Anyway, finally found the restaurant.. it is called Betawi Restaurant and seeing the interview pasted on the wall and also many malay families eating inside gave me great confidence that this is going to be a good one!:)


Max dunno wat to eat:) wahaha.. No lah. actually he trying to cover his nose cos he was seated right in front of the toilet door:)

Ace very sian cos he doesnt want to try Betawi and eat indon food.. he wants to eat Mac D...

My order of nasi lemak.. slurp...

Teh peng!

Max's fried rice that tasted pretty good:)

And indon fried noodles.. Ace's favourite lor!

Ace is happiest when we ordered the chendol dessert lah:)

All in all, a very satisfying meal:)


Then leh, we also heard someone mention that there is a decent chinese restaurant somewhere.. it is called Nihal.. I dunno why such a strange name.. I prefer the Chinese name, Da Tang Yu Yan.. it is a very cheena restaurant..

From the outside looks good..

Ace showing his Dad what he wants to eat...

Max's favourite!


They even got soup!:)

We din know wat to ordered and ordered a toufu with century egg... They pour some sort of fragrant oil over it.. dun quite like the after taste of the oil.. prefer singapore style sesame oill...

The waitress recommended some veggie stew.. turned out to be some soup like thing. just toufu with veg... and the soup inside got star anise one.. very interesting taste..

And then of course Max's favourite lor.. but it was too oily and too much.. so eat liao very jer lat.. i dun think I will come back often...  too cheena liao.. I rather go back to the restaurants I am used to...

Another new discovery while supermart shopping are these bunnie buns..

So cute right?:)


I also found out that the supermarts were selling vegeterian satay! Since I had some peanut sauce left over, I decided to make nasi padang at home... :)

By chance I also discovered this new reciepe.. it is a sweet and salty sausage cake.. very nice lor.. it is both sweet and salty at the same time... lovely taste.. will certainly make this again!:)

Previous Post: Crazy Ace

No comments: